• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclists

On main roads. Bunch of chunts

Carry on.
    Me, me, me...

Drivers

On every road. Chunts most of em.

Carry on.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Funny that, because that what they think of motorists as well.......
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
        Funny that, because that what they think of motorists as well.......
        Pay for and obey the rules of the road then by all means complain. Until then shut-it!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Pay for and obey the rules of the road then by all means complain. Until then shut-it!
          I DO!!!

I reckon it's close to 75% of all drivers who go around in a haze, completely oblivious to other road users.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            I am a motorist ya fool!

Many years ago I used to cycle to work, 20 miles return, days before the cycle lane, and there were daily problems with motorists, top of the list was, no indicators, never giving way to cyclists, never using their mirrors, blindly opening their doors. etc, etc......

Now I encounter most of these problems as a driver.
            Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

We can put aside "obey the rules" as that applies to all road users and is disregarded routinely by bad car drivers as well as bad cyclists, so your rant should apply to everyone, not just cyclists.

The other issue is "pay for". Can you explain what you mean by that? You do understand that the roads are maintained via council tax and central government allocation of funds. There is no direct connection between Vehicle Excise Duty or fuel taxes and road maintenance, though some of that money may end up contributing to the upkeep of the roads. Car drivers (including many cyclists who have a car at home on the drive) pay extra duties to compensate for the damage they cause, both to the roads and the environment. They get away very lightly.

So, it's quite likely that the cyclist you are raging at has actually paid more than you towards the roads, if he has a bigger house than you or earns more, which is perfectly likely - people don't cycle because they're poor, they cycle because they are intelligent and dynamic.

Comment

Cyclists should get a road tax rebate.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                  We can put aside "obey the rules" as that applies to all road users and is disregarded routinely by bad car drivers as well as bad cyclists, so your rant should apply to everyone, not just cyclists.

The other issue is "pay for". Can you explain what you mean by that? You do understand that the roads are maintained via council tax and central government allocation of funds. There is no direct connection between Vehicle Excise Duty or fuel taxes and road maintenance, though some of that money may end up contributing to the upkeep of the roads. Car drivers (including many cyclists who have a car at home on the drive) pay extra duties to compensate for the damage they cause, both to the roads and the environment. They get away very lightly.

So, it's quite likely that the cyclist you are raging at has actually paid more than you towards the roads, if he has a bigger house than you or earns more, which is perfectly likely - people don't cycle because they're poor, they cycle because they like to pretend they're intelligent and dynamic.
                  Yes I'm aware of the road-tax issue.

FTFY.

Comment

Get orrrrffff my roads!!
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X