• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arias For Swinging Lovers....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arias For Swinging Lovers....

... feeling rather cultural with my Chablis at 1.45am after a long week at work I have treated my neighbours to a few 'old time classics'

I think their favourite, judging by the sound of stomping feet, was 'E lucevan le stelle' (.... I do admit to setting 'Il Pagliacci' via Domingo on repeat for about an hour though).

Im saving Nessun Dorma for about 4am to see if they apreciate the irony .... Serves 'em right for playing 'and *EYYYYE* would walk 10,000 *MILES* just to *BEEEE* the *MAN NNN* who falls *DUWN* at YOUR DOO-OO-OOR' 50 times in a row....

Philistines
    Last edited by mcquiggd; 14 January 2006, 01:47.
    Vieze Oude Man

Its often said that us religious types are very unfair to our women , sewing up their vaginas for example.

Things are much better now they have a choice of 5 colours , funky purple is my favourite

Comment

Yeeeh McQ. Nothing like irritating the scum (Mr & Mrs Pikey Scum next door like country & western, yech!, mostly) with culture. Mind you, since the 1998 (?) World Cup "Nessun Dorma" has moved rather into the uncultured scum province.

Maybe something like Donizetti's "Una furtiva lagrima" OR even better, I find nowt says "I am a cultured intelligent person and YOU ARE THICK UNEDUCATED SCUM" to the scum-sucking theiving chavy pikey neighbours quite like anything from Wagner as long as it's not "Ride of the Valkyries"
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

A giant green alien lizard flying about in a helicopter...

I dont think you need Ride of the Valkyries to be terrifying.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Archive recordings of Hitler at the Nurenburg rallies do go awfully well with Wagner.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdullah the Muller
            Its often said that us religious types are very unfair to our women , sewing up their vaginas for example.

Things are much better now they have a choice of 5 colours , funky purple is my favourite

Am I the only one who doesn't understand how we went from 'E lucevan le stelle' to female circumcision?
            Plan A is located just about here.
            If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

On subject of circumcision, one always wonders what they do with all those foreskins. If I was in the Haifa KFC I would definitely avoid the oinion rings.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                On subject of circumcision, one always wonders what they do with all those foreskins. If I was in the Haifa KFC I would definitely avoid the oinion rings.
                Stem cell research.

Comment

Isn't it obvious?

Originally posted by XLMonkey
                  Am I the only one who doesn't understand how we went from 'E lucevan le stelle' to female circumcision?
                  We are just showing we are a cut above the rest!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran
                    We are just showing we are a cut above the rest!
                    awful, just awful. that has to be a candidate for a bad taste award.

made me giggle though
                    Plan A is located just about here.
                    If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Working...
                    X