• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents: Jumped up barrow boys just don't know what is good for them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents: Jumped up barrow boys just don't know what is good for them

I am attempting to substitute in my current contract.

I have the substitute contractor lined up he is happy. The client company is happy as the contractor has previously worked there and knows the project.

So I ring the agent to inform him (sub'ing is in the contract after all).

I thought that he would be happy I had done all this work and he would not be out of pocket.

His first line was: "Why are you leaving, if it is for another contract then we should be handling that for you"

WTF

Then after I have told him it is none of his business why I am leaving he says:

"Well we will terminate your contract and take on the other contractor ourselves"

WTF x 2!!!!

Once I had informed him that the Client co has a block on new contracts he then says

"I will have to go and check on this because this has never happened in 4 years"

Why do these barrow boys deserve any money. This oink is simply a block to commerce.

I could have just said "Here is my notice and I am going on holiday as of now"

madmad
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

What a muppet - you'd think he'd be happy not to rock the boat and for the agency to keep getting their percentage!

Comment

Exactly BB. I have recent been been subjected to en email tirade from an 'agent' because I accepted an offer and turned down an interview they'd arranged. Professional? These chimps just carry on as though they're still at school.

I am now actively building a client list outside of the pimp arena and I'm finding it easier than expected. Tip - keep a list of all ex-clients and contact them regularly after the handcuff period has expired.

Then it truely is freedom to operate like a true business without any interference from the immature idiots.

Comment

I apologies if I am being thick here but can't you just arrange a B2B substitution arrangement between yourco and the substitutes co? Why does the agent even need to come into it?

Comment

Working...
        X