Contract Staying Away: Hotel Tips Contract Staying Away: Hotel Tips - Page 17
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Posts 161 to 170 of 263

Still gathering requirements...

Mulder is too good to be a permie

Personally I have found Sky Go to be decent on a strong 3G signal though best if you can connect to a decent WiFi connection.

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

Hotel WiFi Speed Test

Although I still swear by my 4G MiFi device on a Three contract, not failed me once yet and 15gb for £15 a month
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Banned

kal is a permanent contractor

Stayed here recently The President Hotel | Great Value in Central London from £86 | Imperial Hotels, central London location and for £86 quid a night you get a full English thrown in (plus stay 2 nights and you get a free 3 course meal in the evening), would recommend.

Tightfit has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by unixman View Post
    Not stayed in Basingstoke. Go for a reasonable hotel, say Premier Inn standard. The better the accommodation the less stressed you will be. PI is good standard and they usually have a well populated bar/restaurant where you can make friends or at least acquaintances. Pretty waitresses too. Travelodge is borderline and just becomes stressful over time.

Renting would be great but I never managed it for one reason or another.

Gym in the evening is a winner. Followed by food shopping or restaurant meal, surfing the hotel wi-fi, reading in the bar, TV. One place I was at ran a good 5-a-side. Drinking with contractors is preferable to all the above, obviously.
    Yes for the best of the budget Hotels, I'd recommend Premier Inn - particularly if you can stay for £25 a night or less.
    Another little know fact with Premier Inn is if ( for any reason ) you have raucous guests staying at the Hotel, eg Hen or Stag Parties going on where they continue to party into the small hours or even better - if your disturbed by the Hotel fire alarm going off ( for any reason ) whether for practice fire drill, false alarm or the real maccoy. Complain to reception straight away and ask for a refund of the day or night you were disturbed in the hotel. Premier Inn will either refund that night or reduce the amount you pay at checkout - for the day or days, you were disturbed by noise.

Super poster

quackhandle - scorchio!

May have a possible 2/3 weeker in Dublin coming up, any recs on flights and hotels?

Did a conf a few years back and I remember it was cheaper to go out RyanAir and come back air lingus. Or other way round.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

This is an ok business hotel, walking distance to the very centre of Dublin
    O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel - Dublin - TripAdvisor

Temple Bar area is a bit of a hole these days. I used to use a hotel there, I wouldn't any more.

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

The Travelodges at Heston services are dirt cheap if booked well in advance - around £23 a night and handy if you get a gig nearby with onsite parking.

Some things in Moderation

cojak is always on top

I've picked up a couple of nights in a B&B a little way from the city where I'm working.

Check out toprooms.com - they seem to have B&B's not found in LateRooms et al.

(I avoided the £10 voucher though, I'm not keen on that kind of thing).

I'll let you know how successful it was...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Fingers like lightning

yasockie is good enough for Jehovah!

What's the latest in staying near Canary Wharf?
    I need something mid-term and I am a little bit torn between B&B, renting a room, flat.
    What are some nice areas that are near but not too near and easily commutable both to the wharf and the local airports?

robpow is too good to be a permie

Default Contract Staying Away: Hotel Tips

<snip>