• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What will Gordon do now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paddy Power are offering 1/2 on his next work being charity work, through to 500/1 on him being next presenter on the One Show!

Code:
    Charity Worker                         1/2
    After Dinner Speaker                   5/1
    Tax Advisor                            5/1
    Banking Chairman                       8/1
    Media Commentator/Journalist           10/1
    Church Employee                        20/1
    University Lecturer                    25/1
    Next President of EC                   33/1			
    Next UN Secretary General              40/1
    Contestant on The Apprentice           50/1
    Tony Blair's PA                        100/1
    Next Raith Rovers Manager              250/1
    Next One Show Presenter                500/1
    Last edited by The Wikir Man; 14 May 2010, 13:16. Reason: Removed trailing spaces
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Charity Worker - you mean one of those pests with clipboards that try and mug us in the street with their "can I have five minutes of your time?", or giving out soup to the pissed up and junkies living on the street?

I don't believe he has any prospects - he is super toxic.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Charity Worker - you mean one of those pests with clipboards that try and mug us in the street with their "can I have five minutes of your time?", or giving out soup to the pissed up and junkies living on the street?

I don't believe he has any prospects - he is super toxic.
        He's done lots for helping reduce world poverty, and is well-regarded in many countries.

He'll take the Chiltern Hundreds, leave parliament, have a break for 6 months and then land a city job.

Comment

My money is on him writing his memoirs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
            He's done lots for helping reduce world poverty, and is well-regarded in many countries.

He'll take the Chiltern Hundreds, leave parliament, have a break for 6 months and then land a city job.

In six months time there will be more details of how far we are in deep merde and the chances of anyone wanting the snot goblin associated with them are going to be zero.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Interesting take, will he be a sell out and accept one of the hundreds of overpaid City "jobs" he will be offered or does he follow the less well tracked "ex-PM of the people" route, his integrity will be revealed soon, personally I don't think he is Tony Blair and less cash driven than "flash Tony", time will tell.

Comment

I don't think anyone in the city rates him. He was described as 'economically illiterate'.

I think he'll sit down and write a massive, possibly three-volume tome, on his economic theories.

Comment

He's too stupid to land a city/consultant/director job, and too ugly and dour for a job in the spotlight. I reckon he'll go for banging out a couple of dull tomes which no one will read, then fade into obscurity as a back bencher.

He was never Prime Minister material in any sense of the word.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

He's confirmed today that he will continue as an MP for the years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      I don't think anyone in the city rates him. He was described as 'economically illiterate'.

I think he'll sit down and write a massive, possibly three-volume tome, on his economic theories.
                      Ghost written by AtW?

Comment

Working...
                      X