• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Train Journey This Morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Your outfit alone did that.

HTH
    Didn't wear the banana suit today. It's still drying off from the drenching I got at Celtic Manor yesterday.

Comment

Sorry for my tardiness.

One first class carriage, filled like sardine can. Waited for next train; filled with old age pensioners with 'free 1st class upgrade' vouchers, many of whom had to stand. Waited for yet another train.

Again, full, but able to sit. Reading The Times was disturbed by the incessant yapping of pensioners who kept telling each other the same stories over and over again.

Arrived 1.5 hours late, eardrums now significantly older and worn.

I am in danger of developing an aversion to old people.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Regular readers of my posts will know that I occassionally refer to gricer terminology and I always discuss the etymology of the word in quetion in order that the layreader may get a insight into how the term was coined.

Well, this morning I actually learned a new one myself! I overheard a couple of spotters at the end of platform 3 discussing having seen a double headed shed earlier that morning. My ears immediately pricked up and I decided to razz them. It turns out that a shed is the term used for the Canadian-built Class 66 locomotives commonly used by EWS Railways and the name arises owing to the roof shape and corrugated bodysides that make it resemble a garden shed.

Here's a picture of one:

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          *that's 12.5p for the uninitiated.

Twas before my time

Comment

Skip Bashing

I've always thought that skip bashing is wrong, and that skip bashers are dirty, degenerate people. However, this morning I took one up to Stroud and back and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd like to think I was enjoying it just because it was loco haulage, but I think I may actually to my horror have enjoyed the skips a bit as well. Does this make me a bad person? Is it the thin end of a wedge that might end up with me bashing modern DMUs?

Comment

nice one zeity. nailed him good and proper there
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                Regular readers of my posts will know that I occassionally refer to gricer terminology and I always discuss the etymology of the word in quetion in order that the layreader may get a insight into how the term was coined.

Well, this morning I actually learned a new one myself! I overheard a couple of spotters at the end of platform 3 discussing having seen a double headed shed earlier that morning. My ears immediately pricked up and I decided to razz them. It turns out that a shed is the term used for the Canadian-built Class 66 locomotives commonly used by EWS Railways and the name arises owing to the roof shape and corrugated bodysides that make it resemble a garden shed.

Here's a picture of one:

'ere! You took that photo at Peterborough!

I don't claim to be either a Trainspotter or a "Corrugated Warehouse Thingy" Spotter but those I do recognise!

God I am sad - entering communication with Greasy... tut tut tut must be the drugs....

Comment

What a loser. This proves beyond any doubt that Gricer is a sockie ( probably SAS or Zippy). Time to ban this sockie.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

FEAR NOT! I post on the rail forum too . Since I was skip bashing this morning I saw no harm in copying one if my old rail forum threads and taking a bit of artistic licence for the benefit of the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                      FEAR NOT! I post on the rail forum too . Since I was skip bashing this morning I saw no harm in copying one if my old rail forum threads and taking a bit of artistic licence for the benefit of the audience.
                      Eh???

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X