• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£6 billion spending cuts to be announced today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't get the 1st-class travel thing. If I was doing a high-level corporate job (or high-priced contract) I'd expect 1st-class train fares and business-class flights.
    It's a pure PR thing and just dumb, unless it's not as simple as stopping them using 1st altogether? MPs are very public and doing high-level jobs, and on that basis the salary they get isn't actually that high.

Better would be to cut a deal so they can get cheap 1st class tickets.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

[QUOTE=Sysman;1145690]and in further news No refunds for ID card pioneers

Cha Ching!
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I really don't get the 1st-class travel thing. If I was doing a high-level corporate job (or high-priced contract) I'd expect 1st-class train fares and business-class flights.
        It's a pure PR thing and just dumb, unless it's not as simple as stopping them using 1st altogether? MPs are very public and doing high-level jobs, and on that basis the salary they get isn't actually that high.

Better would be to cut a deal so they can get cheap 1st class tickets.
        The problem is that First/Business class travel applies to most civil servants for any flight over a couple of hours if I remember rightly. This immediatley makes the number a lot bigger

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          Originally posted by Sysman View Post

Cha Ching!
          That makes me feel good. All of those that signed up for it are collaborators. They should be ashamed of themselves and pray that nothing worse happens to them.

(No promises)
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            If I was doing a high-level corporate job (or high-priced contract) I'd expect 1st-class train fares and business-class flights.
            Why?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              That makes me feel good. All of those that signed up for it are collaborators. They should be ashamed of themselves and pray that nothing worse happens to them.

(No promises)

Comment

(No promises)
                I was going to say something along those lines but couldn't quite tone it down as well as you've managed. Well done.

Yes, no promises.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

That makes me feel good. All of those that signed up for it are collaborators.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

(No promises)

Maximum pain on the Labour voter = Result !
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

(No promises)
                      WHS

The dopey gits
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X