• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star gazing.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    When Alfred J Pruffock's TARDIS gets him back here he will be the man for this thread.
    .... Hmm now where did I put the keys to the Tardis... Hang on...new teeth thats weird...

Ps sorry I was a tad late in respondung to this but whats nine years between friends... Pip Pip!!!
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 25 May 2019, 01:04.

Comment

In addition to gazing at the heavens, you could go there yourself, to the planet mars, for free, courtesy of NASA.

Well OK send your name there on the next rocket, written in tiny letters on a chip.

Send Your Name to Mars

..now, does this put me on a shortlist when the alien invasion comes?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        It's rubbish here. Just got a cheap telescope (which isn't bad), but the tripod is very cheap so we get a lot of vibration.
        Cheap optics are not worth using. It is. better to buy a less powerful telescope with good optics than a powerful cheap one.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What on Earth does 'Brexit' mean? Is this Blairs Iraq withdrawl plan...you could say Ive got a wee bit of catch-up up to do...

Ps call me old fashioned however Lunar and Solar System observations a good pair of quality Binoculars works wonders

Pps Pip Pip!
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 May 2019, 07:57.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            What on Earth does 'Brexit' mean? Is this Blairs Iraq withdrawl plan...you could say Ive got a wee bit of catch-up up to do...

Ps call me old fashioned however Lunar and Solar System observations a good pair of quality Binoculars works wonders

Pps Pip Pip!
            The world is starless and bible black, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
              The world is starless and bible black, my friend.

Some say confusion will be my Epitath but theres no use to complain when you're caught out in the rain... Cat Food... Again!

Now then boyz and girlz gather around and listen to the story of the Giant Stone Eater ... raised the price of diesel oil and another tree dies of shame...

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 May 2019, 11:58.

Comment

The largest planet in the solar system will be close enough in June to see it without a telescope, according to NASA. With binoculars, we can see some of its moons - Io, Europe, Ganymede and Callisto.

Jupiter will be closest to Earth on June 10, when it will be in opposition, ie. the two planets will be in line with the sun.

It will be close enough in June to see it without a telescope.
                With binoculars, we can see some of its moons except in the UK because it will be raining.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It is always close enough to see without a telescope, in fact it is one of the brightest and easiest objects to see.

It's around -2.5 at the moment. The brightest stars are only -1.5 or so.

Comment

Working...
                  X