• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer Drinks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ale's definitely out - that's a winter drink for me as is rough cider. In summer I prefer Blackthorn or a decent lager - especially when it's served from an ice encrusted jug from the freezer (though I've never come across any pubs over here that do that). Also partial to Tinto de Verano & Campari with soda.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      1 part Pimms to 3 lemonade, ice & strawberries.

Anything more is just showing off.
      Wot no Vodka!!!!!?????????????
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Wot no Vodka!!!!!?????????????
        That would be Pimms No.6 I believe, it's not a punch FFS!
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          If I could have anything, it'd be a nice cold glass of Veuve
          I'm with CM - it's good sippin' champers is that. I only do pints mind.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            I'm with CM - it's good sippin' champers is that. I only do pints mind.
            Me too!

Comment

I like my real beer so in summer I'll have a pint of one of the local (Hampshire) "golden" ales.

I really like wine & champagne but prefer to drink it with food these days.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                I like my real beer so in summer I'll have a pint of one of the local (Hampshire) "golden" ales.

I really like wine & champagne but prefer to drink it with food these days.
                I like bottles of Old Peculier chilled from the fridge.............MMMmmmmmmmm
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  I like bottles of Old Peculier chilled from the fridge.............MMMmmmmmmmm
                  It's not as good as the draught stuff though.

Must check the "Steam Co" in Swindon tonight to see when they're having it as a guest ale.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    It's not as good as the draught stuff though.
                    No..........sad but true. And the chances of finding it on tap down this way are extremely limited.

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Must check the "Steam Co" in Swindon tonight to see when they're having it as a guest ale.
                    Is that the place up in Old Town?
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      No..........sad but true. And the chances of finding it on tap down this way are extremely limited.

Is that the place up in Old Town?
                      Yep. It's the meeting place for the Swindon Chapter of CUK - which consists of only one tonight - thanks Pogle you bad GuineaPig!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X