• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Undergraduate bedwetters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
    One thing I can say already, its better than a permie and I'm a fan of the uncertainty/opportunity that the future holds. I'd always wanted to be self employed but until recently didn't realise it would be this easy (to get into). I'd always thought I'd be destined to the same office job for years!
    Don't worry that will come, different office same tulip day in day out.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I believe thats been covered; http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...afternoon.html

Comment

Apologies but they don't allow the likes of me into the "Professional" part of the forum.

Comment

Are you paid directly by the animation co? If yes, then you're working on a fixed term employment contract like 90% of the animators out there. My mate was a lead animator on Clash of the Titans (to name his latest work), but still has to deal with that kind of crappy working arrangement.

Good luck.

Where's the job & what's it on?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

thanks. I'm paid by my brolly co so by my understanding that'd be 'proper' contract work.
            I'm not actually in animation. I'm doin e-learning on a gov contract, around Manchester way.

Comment

...I'm doin e-learning on a gov contract, around Manchester way.
              <Snip Snip Snip>

Is that the sound of government cuts that I hear? I'm glad you like the uncertainty, you'll get plenty of it.

Comment

thanks. I'm paid by my brolly co so by my understanding that'd be 'proper' contract work.
                Your understanding is probably wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  This is either a sockie or a complete donkey. Which is it?

Stinks of AtW, so both.

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
                    <Snip Snip Snip>

Is that the sound of government cuts that I hear? I'm glad you like the uncertainty, you'll get plenty of it.
                    Yeah, I think that will be the reason I'm still on a short term contract. The co I'm contracted to are waiting for the all clear to go ahead with further work.

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
                    Your understanding is probably wrong.
                    after a month, I'm sure it is!

Comment

Working...
                    X