• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Undergraduate bedwetters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    But those of us who got a first can look down on and SNEER at other people. What else matters?

double first

now get back in your box

Comment

But those of us who got a first can look down on and SNEER at other people. What else matters?
      Ah but does getting a first lower your chances of seducing a huge bottom ?
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
        I got myself a 2:1 last week, and I'm rather happy to say that I walked into my first contract within 24 hours of leaving uni.

I've heard that about first before though, the whole 'no social life' thing, and I wasn't far off a first. imo its BS, if an employer thought I had no social life they hadn't read my CV beyond my grade!
        You put your "Social Life" on your CV?

'kin amateur.

Comment

I always found that those who gots firsts had absolutely no friends and absolutely no social skills whatsoever.

And then you find yourself working in IT. Classic.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Isn't that because you only have a 3rd class degree in Tat Selling?

Comment

"Is competition for graduate jobs too tough?"

what the heck kind of question is that? Do they think there is a Government Office of Graduate Job Competition Toughness which has got too big for its boots and fixed the Competition Toughness Index at a punitive 4.5?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                You put your "Social Life" on your CV?

'kin amateur.
                haha, no. but my mention of sporting success at university should give away a social aspect to life!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I always found that those who gots firsts had absolutely no friends and absolutely no social skills whatsoever.

And then you find yourself working in IT. Classic.
                  Suppose someone with a first was worried that potential employers/clients would assume they were antisocial uber-geeks.

Would they get into trouble if they were caught fibbing by claiming only a 2.2 on their CV.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                    haha, no. but my mention of sporting success at university should give away a social aspect to life!
                    Are your Duke of Edinburgh's Award and swimming badges on there too?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                      Are your Duke of Edinburgh's Award and swimming badges on there too?
                      Mine are!
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X