• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

apologies for the wilmslowesque nature of this question...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lightship
    Is his name NickFitz?
    I live in london, isn't Nick in the north?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      No you're not!

Have you only really spoken to him when he's out of it? If so, p'raps consider popping round during the day and try to have a pleasant word when he's not bouncing off the walls?

Not sure reporting him will achieve very much at all, other than creating animosity.
      Cheers Mary, thanks you are very kind.

Hmmm, not sure, if he is a dealer I think he is going to do it anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
        Cheers Mary, thanks you are very kind.

Hmmm, not sure, if he is a dealer I think he is going to do it anyways...
        I would deffo try having a quiet word during the day and if he's an arse, consider keeping an eye on him and then reporting him as a suspected dealer. If he is, he probably won't connect any dots back to you necessarily.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

He may not be dealing, just smoking a lot.

The frequent trips out are probably to the nearest garage to get "munchies".

The surefire way to tell is to try and score off him.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You aren't a loser at all!

I think yer man is right, he might just be smoking a lot... and then getting the munchies.

Have a chat with him and see how he reacts but do it when you aren't on your own.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I've got this mate, he's a big bastard. Bouncer, does a lot of steriods.

You want me to send him round to your gaff so he can have a word.

He also does gardening!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I've got this mate,

He also does gardening!
                Does he do lady gardening?

More helpfully.... What do the other people in the area think? If there is just you, then now much you can do. However, if a load of you, you could consider jointly either having a word, or talking to landlord as a group voice - This is likely to get things sorted.

Community policing is another fantastic way of getting things dealt with - the local PCSO tries to be as anonymous as possible, likely to deal by phone initially, likely to even meet you outside the area, park the car away, come over in mufti etc to help you to get things resolved.

Good luck.

Comment

Put a cap in his ass!

It's the only thing these druggies understand.

Comment

Start up your own drug business. Undercut the idiot by 20%. This will soon put him out of business and you'll have the local trade to yourself.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                      but

our neighbour goes in and out four or five times a night and today when i came home the common area smelled strongly of weed...

i have asked him several times to be quieter - usually at 3am when he has woken me

any suggestions?

i think he might be dealing, should i call the filth?
                      No. You've blown your chance. For future reference if you suspect someone is dealing etc. when you report them, make it a good few months after you've moved in, preferably a couple or so days after you see someone else moving in locally, i.e. don't make it so obvious it was you.

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      If you do, make sure you do it anonymously.
                      Ha, that's a joke, not only is anonymous calling impossible (for average joe), the attending officer is most likely to tell them the call was traced back to you just to show off how clever they are.

Like I say, they'll probably not be able to grab them dealing, but if they assault you, then they've got an brownie point on their 'clear-up rate'
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X