• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

apologies for the wilmslowesque nature of this question...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Ha, that's a joke, not only is anonymous calling impossible (for average joe), the attending officer is most likely to tell them the call was traced back to you just to show off how clever they are.

Like I say, they'll probably not be able to grab them dealing, but if they assault you, then they've got an brownie point on their 'clear-up rate'
    And just how many drug-dealers have you shopped then threaded? You sound so knowledgeable.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Anonymous calling is easy. Call crimestoppers from a payphone in a different town.

They don't need to catch dealers in the act, the crime is called "possession with intent to supply" and is usually inferred from the fact they are in possession of larger quantities than would be for personal use.

Rather than involving the police, why not try and come to an arrangement e.g. offer him a 1kg bar of dairy milk if he keeps quite for a whole week. Don't let him know you have the chocolate in the house though, or he may well break in.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Anonymous calling is easy. Call crimestoppers from a payphone in a different town.

They don't need to catch dealers in the act, the crime is called "possession with intent to supply" and is usually inferred from the fact they are in possession of larger quantities than would be for personal use.

Rather than involving the police, why not try and come to an arrangement e.g. offer him a 1kg bar of dairy milk if he keeps quite for a whole week. Don't let him know you have the chocolate in the house though, or he may well break in.
        Bejeesus, have none of you lot ever lived in the real world, or you just trolling?

If you even talk to an addict they take that as permission to break in.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          Bejeesus, have none of you lot ever lived in the real world, or you just trolling?

If you even talk to an addict they take that as permission to break in.
          He's some bloke in his flat smoking a bit of weed, not Manuel Noriega. I reckon 30% or more of the population have done the same thing at some point in their lives. I'm surprised you've never tried it, you strike me as an open minded sort of chap.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

He's some bloke in his flat smoking a bit of weed, not Manuel Noriega. I reckon 30% or more of the population have done the same thing at some point in their lives. I'm surprised you've never tried it, you strike me as an open minded sort of chap.
            Open minded? You reckon because someone does something illegal and detrimental to their health that they're "open minded"? You've got your values well and truly screwed. Don't forget that he's affecting someone elses quality of life.

Shoot the f**ker.
            Last edited by SupremeSpod; 8 July 2010, 07:38.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              Open minded? You reckon because someone does something illegal and detrimental to their health that they're "open minded"? You've got your values well and truly screwed.
              No, but I think that people who lack curiosity and believe what they are told without having any personal experience are not keeping an open mind.

Comment

Pop a cap in his sorry ass!

It's the only thing these druggies understand.
                FTFY Word.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

You've got your values well and truly screwed. Don't forget that he's affecting someone elses quality of life.

Shoot the f**ker.
                  You're affecting my quality of life. Can I shoot you too?

Comment

No, but I think that people who lack curiosity and believe what they are told without having any personal experience are not keeping an open mind.
                    There's being open-minded, and letting people do what they want 'behind closed doors', but my experience tells me that when a user reaches the stage of irritating the neighbours then they are already on the spiral dive to oblivion.

HTH
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

You're affecting my quality of life. Can I shoot you too?
                      Anytime you want sunshine. Grassy knoll or Book Repository?

Comment

Working...
                      X