• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coding work in mediterreanean?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Have you any Aeros? Mint etc? I'm famished
    FTFY
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
      Just got back for Sicily (reallly, really didn't want to) and it's been a hard landing - one contract ended, fortunately the other still holds.
      But even at it's height summer in UK ain't what it is in the Med.
      I want to live there, hopefully in a couple of years or so (could be 5).
      I have no gardening skills to grow vines or olives, so what are my IT options then?
      I'm thinking I should go for the lowest denominator so that there is demand even in the rural parts, perhaps some website/seo/marketing for the villa owners?
      What about some sort of Protection racket. They may not have heard of that concept there yet?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
        Just got back for Sicily (reallly, really didn't want to) and it's been a hard landing - one contract ended, fortunately the other still holds.
        But even at it's height summer in UK ain't what it is in the Med.
        I want to live there, hopefully in a couple of years or so (could be 5).
        I have no gardening skills to grow vines or olives, so what are my IT options then?
        I'm thinking I should go for the lowest denominator so that there is demand even in the rural parts, perhaps some website/seo/marketing for the villa owners?
        How about teaching english? That and perhaps the occasional 3-6 month contract somewhere where there is good paid work in Europe should allow you to survive all the year as long as your lifestyle does not involve yachts or supermodels.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Do you like Marbella? Often webby jobs down there.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Do you like Marbella? Often webby jobs down there.
            Plenty of work in Gibraltar - mainly gambling sites/infrastructure.

Comment

Working...
            X