• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone had dealings with the Venn Group?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As with hack, only ever dealt with them from the hiring side (and did not think much of them basically telephone/fax jockeys who could not even begin to read a cv).

Also they sometimes do strange things like withholding some moneys until project completion/client sign off as incentive’s to get contractors to stay on and seen issues with getting them to pay up at the end

Remember them once calling a gig to see if a certain contractor was still working on site, funny thing was it was their own contractor and he had only been there about 4 plus years sending in signed timesheets and invoices the whole time

Tells you all you really need to know about them, typical agency

Comment

Yeah all sounds about right with Venn Group, they get you in take down all your ex managers names, have some imaginary job lined up 200 miles away and then thats it. They continue to hassle you every other day giving you an 'update' on absolutely nothing.

'were keen to get hold of you, please call 0113 asap'

'Were moving pretty fast on this one, possibly a Monday start'

then guess what... nothing happens

Ran by a load of graduate/kids who know nothing about the world of work. Other than that - fantastic agency...

Comment

The business model is very good. They build a database of hiring managers (that is why they want references) and then hit the phones.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I've contracted though Venn in the past and thought they were really very good.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Few months ago I got the Venn Group call with regards to a 'role'. The 'role' was exactly in line with my CV...how odd? Anyway, before I could be submitted to the client I was advised that due to compliance with 'the client' I would have to attend an interview with the agent at the Venn Group office. All I needed to bring with me was my passport, utility bill, driving license, Company Cert of Incorporation, VAT cert and..................................5 names for reference purposes. I told 'em to SMOKE MY BANGER!!!
            "it's people like Jim, Jim MacDonald, who keep me going,"

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
              Few months ago I got the Venn Group call with regards to a 'role'. The 'role' was exactly in line with my CV...how odd? Anyway, before I could be submitted to the client I was advised that due to compliance with 'the client' I would have to attend an interview with the agent at the Venn Group office. All I needed to bring with me was my passport, utility bill, driving license, Company Cert of Incorporation, VAT cert and..................................5 names for reference purposes. I told 'em to SMOKE MY BANGER!!!
              You fewl. Was the end client financial services? This is pretty standard. I toed the line and got the gig.

HTH

Comment

Their rates are bit tulip aren't they?

Business Analyst - Scrum / Agile
                Business Analyst, Agile, Scrum, Testing, Requirements, Documentation Business Analyst : Agile / Scrum. Our client needs a Business Analyst to join the global Agile / Scrum team of this growing financial services software provider. The Business ...
                Read more about Business Analyst - Scrum / Agile
                £65 - £80 Per Annum London09/04/2014
                And why is every one from xxx-xxx?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  You fewl. Was the end client financial services? This is pretty standard. I toed the line and got the gig.

HTH
                  No it doesn't help. You're just a total idiot.

HTH

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
                    No it doesn't help. You're just a total idiot.

HTH
                    Ah. I've got a live one!!!!!!!

Hit a nerve did I? Mmmmmmm?

So while you were telling them to smoke your banger, I was lighting cubans with 50 pound notes and invoicing.

Now who's the total idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Now who's the total idiot
                      You.

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Working...
                      X