• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone had dealings with the Venn Group?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

So while you were telling them to smoke your banger, I was lighting cubans with 50 pound notes and invoicing.

Now who's the total idiot.
    Not at the rates they advertise you weren't, maybe a rollup with Zimbabwean Dollars
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
      You.
      You are my bitch now.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        The business model is very good. They build a database of hiring managers (that is why they want references) and then hit the phones.
        It would be an even better model if they dialled the phones. Pay peanuts...
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Not quite total; at least he knows how to spell "toe the line", which reduces my stress no end.
          That giant alien lizard over there? Oh yeah, we're well tight.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Venn group taught me one thing - any agents which want to meet just for a chat have way too much time on their hands. Recently had a couple of agents from Real harass me several times to meet in the city centre. I started off by politely declining because I was not around during the week (working in Yorkshire). After several phone calls and emails I explained to them that I don't meet agents without an interview and every agent that I have met without an interview has never got me a single interview let alone a contract! They kept insisting that they need to meet candidates so they can be sure of the person. I replied that it was them who needed me as usually there are several agencies advertising one role so it is up to me to chose!

I know that is rude but I just wanted them off my back.

Comment

Originally posted by Accountant View Post
              Yeah all sounds about right with Venn Group, they get you in take down all your ex managers names, have some imaginary job lined up 200 miles away and then thats it. They continue to hassle you every other day giving you an 'update' on absolutely nothing.

'were keen to get hold of you, please call 0113 asap'

'Were moving pretty fast on this one, possibly a Monday start'

then guess what... nothing happens

Ran by a load of graduate/kids who know nothing about the world of work. Other than that - fantastic agency...
              I do enjoy it when a poster registers just to resurrect a four year old thread. So much to look forward to.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                I do enjoy it when a poster registers just to resurrect a four year old thread. So much to look forward to.
                Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  You are my bitch now.
                  Suity is so cute when he tries to slag people off

Comment

I had the same experience as the OP. I think it's the usual fishing exercise - getting contacts and info to find new sources. The worse thing about these lot is that they also drag you into their office to do it.

Had interview with guy called <mod snip> who assured me the role would be mine but that it wouldn't start for another four weeks. Passport, refs etc...then the week before it was due to start I get a call from some guy called <mod snip> who told me 'the spec has changed'. He was suitably vague, given the role didn't exist in the first place. There are some seriously scummy recruitment agencies out there. This one and Austin Fraser have to be two of the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by HCA2015 View Post
                      I had the same experience as the OP. I think it's the usual fishing exercise - getting contacts and info to find new sources. ..
                      Yup, I (the OP) assumed that and never expected to hear from them after my interview, and sure enough I didn't.

Although thinking back, perhaps I started another contract shortly afterwards and didn't chase them up.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X