• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone had dealings with the Venn Group?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They ask to meet after offer

They told me it was 37 hours a week, they said 7.4 a day. In fact it was 40 per week when I started.

As for pay they offered a day rate, but they are sneaky, they then divided it by 8 to get an hourly rate, then ROUND DOWN, it's not much but I'll lost out on 24 pence a day every day for the last 5 months, due to their maths tactic.

Not happy with that one...if I get two or more offers again, and one is Venn, I may choose the other.

Comment

don't touch with a barge pole - complete waste of time

Sadly for me, I have! I put my CV in to a law site that was advertising locum lawyer vacancies within my area of expertise. I did not know at the time that the site actually makes your CV available to many Agencies, and Venn Group contacted me, hassling for info about available dates, locations I would cover etc etc. It wasn't really a convenient time for me as I had a builder working on the house but I gave them all the info they required and was very very specific. They came back about a job in Bridgwater for a fortnight when I was available and put me forward for it, or so they said. Next call was to say the firm wanted to talk to me and would be calling me direct. then I get asked if I was self employed or prepared to join an "Umbrella Company". Now I know about Umbrella Companies and the answer was emphatically NO. Why should I - I have been self employed for 11 years and never actually got any work via an Agency, so why should I want to join an Umbrella company! Oddly enough the Bridgwater firm never called, but two other Venn Group offices did - asking me to work in locations that I had specifically said were too far from home. I had been very precise as to the motorway corridor I use a lot and the areas off that corridor where I would be prepared to accept a booking. I had NINE calls over THREE days from this nuisance firm, and no work resulted from it. I have told them to delete all my information from their database and never to contact me again in any way shape or form - complete waste of time.

Comment

They had me drive all the way up to Membury Services where a woman conducted an interview pretty much along the same lines as what others have said here though with the difference that we both had whoppers in our hands for the duration.
        Last edited by Martin Scroatman; 5 March 2016, 21:15.

Comment

Do not work for venn group

Venn Group make payments to agency workers every week.

However, they make 'mistakes' regarding tax deductions and will end up sending you a tax bill for thousands of pounds after a few months.

Be very careful.

Comment

Dealt with them when I was looking for my first gig - they asked me to go to London to meet them because apparently, they have clients that will take contractors based off of the back of that initial interview with Venn - no face to face required with clientco.

Didn't sound like a bunch of people I wanted to work with so stayed clear.

Comment

Bunch of *******, made a 'mistake' with my rate only sorted when i was stood outside client site at 9am on my first day refusing to go in the door until addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                You fewl. Was the end client financial services? This is pretty standard. I toed the line and got the gig.

HTH
                I doubt the facts in this statement.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                X