• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just out of bed, lazy I know, already it's 31C

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of bed, lazy I know, already it's 31C

A chap at work reckons I need to go to a museum cause they have air con.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    To which the appropriate reply is of course "No need for that, I'm a contractor, my house is cooled by the melting of Antartic ice imported especially for the job. Would you like a penguin burger?"
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      To which the appropriate reply is of course "No need for that, I'm a contractor, my house is cooled by the melting of Antartic ice imported especially for the job. Would you like a penguin burger?"
      I tried penguin burger once while on a trip to see the Northern lights. I was travelling with the Danish Queen and the Tauntaun we were riding froze to death. All I had was a replica light saber from IKEA, a packet of Penguin biscuits and a frying pan.

I rustled up a meal fit for royalty. Delicious and we were rescued the next morning.

Threaded.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The river is looking favourite for me.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

36C now we're cooking.

Been trapped in the house all day. Tried going out, was like walking into a hair dryer so ran back inside.
          Last edited by scooterscot; 10 July 2010, 14:52.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've just been swanning around the French Riviera where it was like that every day. Coming back to a mere 30 deg C in the UK is a relief.

Comment

Pah!! 31C - I laugh at 31C......

Minimum night time temp is about that.....

True - I only spend about 30 seconds between buildings and Taxi in the open... other than that its AirCon all the way.......

Comment

36C now we're cooking.

Been trapped in the house all day. Tried going out, was like walking into a hair dryer so ran back inside.
                31° C here at the moment, and I hear thunder. Hopefully that'll bring a bit of rain to cool us down through the night.

I tried a bar which has a/c earlier on. Tough, the a/c had packed up, but the beer was cool.

Lots of nicely tanned cleavage to admire though.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

36C now we're cooking.

Sounds like you ought to try dousing yourself down with a cool madchen or two!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Sounds like you ought to try dousing yourself down with a cool madchen or two!!

Got twelve bottles of cider in the fridge instead. Ice cubes are all gone within a couple of minutes

Think my scalp is leaking in this humidity...

Comment

Working...
                    X