• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC1 Fake Britain: Guess who's on next week!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far do we have to wait till he's on?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Looks like they're saving the best until last
      Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

I've got it on record so I can fast fwd through the boring bits I've read will be on it first.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
          Looks like they're saving the best until last
          Well it was a tad fleeting, and she makes a great actress.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Well it was a tad fleeting, and she makes a great actress.
            You think she was lying?

I'm really unsure.

Strange how they never mentioned the other stuff, bigamy etc...
            Last edited by cailin maith; 19 July 2010, 19:15.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I think that he got off really lightly ie 14 weeks jail for impersonating a doctor and 'assaulting a soldier' (stupidly trying to re-locate a broken bone in a squaddie's hand) and he got a really classy wife rolled into the con deal.

Comment

Hi All,

I've never said anything on this topic before....which is very unlike me

Because we're online, and we all have fake names, we sometimes forget the real people behind the personas.
                Some of us are honest, some of us are kind natured, some of us are horrid little tulips, some of us are boring, some of us are tax dodgers, some of us have done very kinky wierd tulip in the past that we'd rather not have people know about now, some of us have smacked our ex's around a bit in the past (that we'd rather not have people know about now), some of us have been really mean at times, some of us have criminal records, etc etc etc.

Very few of us are blemish free, but we're probably all striving to now be the people we want to be.

This guy...Chasing The Aurora/Menelaus/countless other ID's...I've spoken to him a lot more than I've spoken to most of you lot. And I have to say....really nice bloke.

Worst case scenario he's a biggamist and he pocketted some charity money. Those are crimes I'd forgive pretty quickly to be honest.
                Best case scenario, he's just a bit useless.
                Middle case scenario - he's a bit of an eccentric fantasist. This is my favourite theory of all, as I think eccentric fantasists are awesome - who wants to be normal anyway?

Anyway...my main point...can we not put all this "starting threads about him" bulltulip behind us now? How many years has it been ffs?! Does the guy really deserve to be hounded by his past every time some lazy BBC tosser decides to not bother finding any original material for a show?

Well...that's my 2pennith. I hardly even get on here anymore so all you newbies are probably like "who's this daft bird?"

Love yous all - even the wierd ones,
                SallyAnne
                xxxxx
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Well...that's my 2pennith. I hardly even get on here anymore so all you newbies are probably like "who's this daft bird?"
                  Yeah but you are our daft bird and we still love you!!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I hear what you're saying SA, but I have to say that he does appear to have committed some fairly serious crimes. I say appear, cos like, I don't know all the facts - none of us do. We're all here for a bit of a chinwag really, so I guess you can't blame us for being excited when one of us geeks might be on telly, like.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

...and I STILL hate this new ficking site
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X