• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Raoul Moat Facebook Tribute

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raoul Moat Facebook Tribute

It was interesting reading this. A lot of the posts appear to be anti-police in nature, and appear to be more interested in Moat shooting plod, rather than any real sympathy towards the man.

Perhaps the British Bobby is no longer policing by consent, and has lost the goodwill of a lot of people.

Discuss....

I don't think it is individual police officers, but rather the brain dead procedures they have to follow.

Unfortunately most people can't distinguish between a person and their job in the UK, so they end up being the target for villification.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

There have been many people leaving flowers for him at the site he died and his house. With some quite fanastic quotes along the lines of 'He was just pushed to far and snapped'

Lets not forget, he was a nasty piece of work who had been arrested eleven times, was jailed for abusing a child and on release shot his girlfriend and then her boyfriend (three times in the back of the head) before shooting a policeman and doing a runner.

The fact that he evaded the police for a number of days and the subsequent media coverage has made him for some a type of anti-hero.

He was even too much of a coward to go out in a blaze of glory, but sat there for five hours boo hooing about how he wasnt loved and didnt want to go to prison.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It seems to me the world is a better place without him.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          sat there for five hours boo hooing about how he wasnt loved
          Sounds like a bedwetter to me. Wonder what his username on here was

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            It seems to me the world is a better place without him.
            For his mother to say a similar thing is a damning indictment of her parenting skills.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              For his mother to say a similar thing is a damning indictment of her parenting skills.
              Well it appears that 'not having an old man around when you're a kid' is an excuse to go off on a violent rampage.

Worth using if you're ever pulled over for speeding.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

He was a police informant.

Comment

I wonder

If he had not threatened plod, that they would have drafted in the Met, armoured cars, a Tornado jet, and, alleged, SAS resources.

I for one think that this incident, along with police failings in the Cumbria case, show that for really serious incidents, our police are not fit for purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    He was a police informant.
                    Who was? Linky?

Comment

Working...
                    X