• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back from Hawaii

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from Hawaii

Hi all, just got back on Sunday, Wow that was one excellent holiday, just back from 2 weeks on Oahu.

Highly recommended.

Lovely weather, Relaxed city life in Honolulu, Good shopping, Beautiful scenery once out of Honolulu.

Hired a Harley and toured the island for a day, went swimming with turtles not some sanctuary but in the wild, evening boat cruise, sunbathing, botanical gardens, shooting AK47s and M16s etc....

One problem is its on the other side of the planet! Approx 17 hours flying time, we decided to do it non stop, awake for most of 28 hours on the way out, I can't sleep when flying. Recovered quickly though, stayed up a bit longer after arriving at 6p.m. to make sure we slept well.

Best Western Coconut Waikiki, not a 5 star hotel, but with friendly staff, clean rooms, nice breakfast, free wifi, only 10 mins from Waikiki beach and numerous other places of interest.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Sounds good!

Maybe you should swap stories with MF and his static caravan with the inlaws!

Comment

I understand the island is full of volcanoes and cannibals.

Not for me. Nice static caravan in sunny Dorset. Ahhhh! Thats the life for me!!

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I understand the island is full of volcanoes and cannibals.

Not for me. Nice static caravan in sunny Dorset. Ahhhh! Thats the life for me!!

Can't think of any active volcanoes in Dorset, but I wouldn't go getting all complacent over the cannibal aspect if I were you!!

HTH

SB in "Don'tgetoutofthecareastofdorchester" mode
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          Hi all, just got back on Sunday, Wow that was one excellent holiday, just back from 2 weeks on Oahu.

Highly recommended.

Lovely weather, Relaxed city life in Honolulu, Good shopping, Beautiful scenery once out of Honolulu.

Hired a Harley and toured the island for a day, went swimming with turtles not some sanctuary but in the wild, evening boat cruise, sunbathing, botanical gardens, shooting AK47s and M16s etc....

One problem is its on the other side of the planet! Approx 17 hours flying time, we decided to do it non stop, awake for most of 28 hours on the way out, I can't sleep when flying. Recovered quickly though, stayed up a bit longer after arriving at 6p.m. to make sure we slept well.

Best Western Coconut Waikiki, not a 5 star hotel, but with friendly staff, clean rooms, nice breakfast, free wifi, only 10 mins from Waikiki beach and numerous other places of interest.
          I found Waikiki completely lacking in charm - more like Benidorm but with more Japanese tourists. Much preferred Big Island instead when we went - more to do, more to see, less touristy.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I found Waikiki completely lacking in charm - more like Benidorm but with more Japanese tourists. Much preferred Big Island instead when we went - more to do, more to see, less touristy.
            We can compare notes over a beer tonight.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
            X