Back from Hawaii Back from Hawaii
Posts 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Super poster

    Scrag Meister has more data than eek

    Scrag Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London and Devon
    Posts
    4,060

    Default Back from Hawaii

    Hi all, just got back on Sunday, Wow that was one excellent holiday, just back from 2 weeks on Oahu.

    Highly recommended.

    Lovely weather, Relaxed city life in Honolulu, Good shopping, Beautiful scenery once out of Honolulu.

    Hired a Harley and toured the island for a day, went swimming with turtles not some sanctuary but in the wild, evening boat cruise, sunbathing, botanical gardens, shooting AK47s and M16s etc....

    One problem is its on the other side of the planet! Approx 17 hours flying time, we decided to do it non stop, awake for most of 28 hours on the way out, I can't sleep when flying. Recovered quickly though, stayed up a bit longer after arriving at 6p.m. to make sure we slept well.

    Best Western Coconut Waikiki, not a 5 star hotel, but with friendly staff, clean rooms, nice breakfast, free wifi, only 10 mins from Waikiki beach and numerous other places of interest.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

  2. #2

    Terrible Flirt!

    Drewster has no reputation

    Drewster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Home from Jeddah
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    Sounds good!

    Maybe you should swap stories with MF and his static caravan with the inlaws!

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,973

    Default

    I understand the island is full of volcanoes and cannibals.

    Not for me. Nice static caravan in sunny Dorset. Ahhhh! Thats the life for me!!

    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  4. #4

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    30,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I understand the island is full of volcanoes and cannibals.

    Not for me. Nice static caravan in sunny Dorset. Ahhhh! Thats the life for me!!

    Can't think of any active volcanoes in Dorset, but I wouldn't go getting all complacent over the cannibal aspect if I were you!!

    HTH

    SB in "Don'tgetoutofthecareastofdorchester" mode
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  5. #5

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer is a fount of knowledge

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Hi all, just got back on Sunday, Wow that was one excellent holiday, just back from 2 weeks on Oahu.

    Highly recommended.

    Lovely weather, Relaxed city life in Honolulu, Good shopping, Beautiful scenery once out of Honolulu.

    Hired a Harley and toured the island for a day, went swimming with turtles not some sanctuary but in the wild, evening boat cruise, sunbathing, botanical gardens, shooting AK47s and M16s etc....

    One problem is its on the other side of the planet! Approx 17 hours flying time, we decided to do it non stop, awake for most of 28 hours on the way out, I can't sleep when flying. Recovered quickly though, stayed up a bit longer after arriving at 6p.m. to make sure we slept well.

    Best Western Coconut Waikiki, not a 5 star hotel, but with friendly staff, clean rooms, nice breakfast, free wifi, only 10 mins from Waikiki beach and numerous other places of interest.
    I found Waikiki completely lacking in charm - more like Benidorm but with more Japanese tourists. Much preferred Big Island instead when we went - more to do, more to see, less touristy.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

  6. #6

    Super poster

    Scrag Meister has more data than eek

    Scrag Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London and Devon
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I found Waikiki completely lacking in charm - more like Benidorm but with more Japanese tourists. Much preferred Big Island instead when we went - more to do, more to see, less touristy.
    We can compare notes over a beer tonight.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •