• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vintage at Goodwood in August

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    We have Betty & Wilma - our '49 & '52 Buick Straight Eights.

Ahh LH,

yes I remember you saying about plan b renting them out.

good luck with it.

Milan.

Comment

We have Betty & Wilma - our '49 & '52 Buick Straight Eights.
      would thouse be over 4 litres displacement?
      How many inches to the gallon to they do? I'm just curious.. petrol was cheaper than water back when those cars were made!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        How many inches to the gallon to they do? I'm just curious.. petrol was cheaper than water back when those cars were made!
        If he lives in the South West, it is still Ixie-Pixie!!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I know shag all about cars, which is why I will be selling pedal cars at Vintage.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I know shag all about cars, which is why I will be selling pedal cars at Vintage.
            Has AtW bought his bullet-proof one yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Betty - '52 - 4.3L - 13-16mpg
              Wilma - '49 - 4.1L (fluid drive) - 9 mpg around town, 15 on a run.

...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I think Fleety would've loved those.

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Ahh LH,

yes I remember you saying about plan b renting them out.

good luck with it.

Milan.
                  Thanks - we are turning work away at the moment we are so busy. We've had weddings the last two weekends and another three next month.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I shall keep my eye out for you.

Comment

Nice. They look a bit like the one in "Christine". Not 'possessed' either of them I hope??

PS Lucky escape. She was a Plymouth Fury apparently. Still, quite a resemblance if you ask me!!
                      Last edited by shaunbhoy; 15 July 2010, 07:46.
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X