• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The real IT Crowd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real IT Crowd

Apparently.

Noticed the below in the comments - cheeky fckr!

dangerbang 9 Jul 2010, 10:52AM

I "work" in IT but know absolutely **** ALL about it. I've been getting away with it for about 8 years now. Are there others out there like me?

ZodKneelsFirst 9 Jul 2010, 10:53AM

Yes, dangerbang. They're called contractors.

Hang him, hang him I say
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Oh what a shame we can't pop over for a "weekend break".
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

IT project manager Shaheen, 38, is married with two children and lives in Cheshire.

Shaheen: I've sat in meetings where senior consultants said: "She's not going to do anything" and "She doesn't know about it." I took it at the time, because I was new, but sexism is a very real thing in IT.
        No, it's not cos you're a woman, it's because you're a PM.

HTH

Comment

The bobs are multiplying

This could have been an interesting and amusing article if you'd asked anyone who knows what they're talking about. And if anyone believes what Bob says, please don't. Outsourced IT support only means your staff end up talking to faceless call centre bods who don't care about your organisation, or know anything about it, have little or no technical no-how and have 17 other companies calling through to the same service desk. What little money you save in the short term, you'll lose in the long term by constantly switching providers and the fact that nobody will get any work done because the availabillity of IT Services has plummeted. There are thousands of Roys and Mosses the country over, keeping businesses going. But the Bobs of this world are trying their damndest to stop them.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
          X