On a date tonight On a date tonight
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 65
  1. #1

    Super poster

    Wilmslow has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,371

    Default On a date tonight

    Got chatting with a lovely sounding lady on an online dating website, things have gone quite well over the last few weeks.

    We are going to meet up this evening.

    Now, I would prefer a quick drink at a bar to see how we get on.

    The lady has suggested a meal, later on in the evening so we can drop our cars off and get the train into Manchester for a nice long evening.

    Now, I am hoping we get on well in person, but, I could do with an escape plan if this is needed.

    My head is rather clogged up with hayfever – will not be on top form, any ideas for getting this sorted out? A steam room would cure, but sadly no time to get to the health club before we meet up.

  2. #2

    Contractor 'til I die

    doodab 's job has never been outsourced

    doodab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A bit too close to Wandsworth
    Posts
    16,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Got chatting with a lovely sounding lady on an online dating website, things have gone quite well over the last few weeks.

    We are going to meet up this evening.

    Now, I would prefer a quick drink at a bar to see how we get on.

    The lady has suggested a meal, later on in the evening so we can drop our cars off and get the train into Manchester for a nice long evening.

    Now, I am hoping we get on well in person, but, I could do with an escape plan if this is needed.

    My head is rather clogged up with hayfever – will not be on top form, any ideas for getting this sorted out? A steam room would cure, but sadly no time to get to the health club before we meet up.
    Have you seen a photo?

    For an escape plan, ask a friend to phone you a short time after you meet up. You can then pretend something terrible has happened and you need to rush off.

    For the hayfever, you could try a "neti pot" although the closest thing I have found in the UK high street is some salt water in a can you squirt up there. There are also loads of OTC hayfever remedies that I'm sure you know about.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

  3. #3

    doGlike

    SupremeSpod has no reputation

    SupremeSpod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Got chatting with a lovely sounding lady on an online dating website, things have gone quite well over the last few weeks.

    We are going to meet up this evening.

    Now, I would prefer a quick drink at a bar to see how we get on.

    The lady has suggested a meal, later on in the evening so we can drop our cars off and get the train into Manchester for a nice long evening.

    Now, I am hoping we get on well in person, but, I could do with an escape plan if this is needed.

    My head is rather clogged up with hayfever – will not be on top form, any ideas for getting this sorted out? A steam room would cure, but sadly no time to get to the health club before we meet up.
    Have you told her that your neighbours hate you and your ex-girlfriends suddenly get very ill?

  4. #4

    Super poster

    Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

    Lockhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The 1950's
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilmslow View Post
    My head is rather clogged up with hayfever – will not be on top form, any ideas for getting this sorted out? A steam room would cure, but sadly no time to get to the health club before we meet up.
    Hayfever cure; Combination of a one-a-day non drowsy anti-histamine, Beconase inhaler and anti hay-fever eyedrops.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

  5. #5

    Super poster

    Scrag Meister has more data than eek

    Scrag Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London and Devon
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doodab View Post
    For an escape plan, ask a friend to phone you a short time after you meet up. You can then pretend something terrible has happened and you need to rush off.
    Exacly but it also gives the option of staying if you get on like a house on fire.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

  6. #6

    Contractor 'til I die

    doodab 's job has never been outsourced

    doodab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A bit too close to Wandsworth
    Posts
    16,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Exacly but it also gives the option of staying if she isn't a complete munter and seems like she might be up for a shag
    FTFY
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

  7. #7

    Godlike

    Clippy has no reputation

    Clippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,700

    Default


  8. #8

    Contractor Among Contractors

    dang65 has no reputation


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clippy View Post
    Seems a bit drastic but. yeah, I guess that would cure the hayfever.

  9. #9

    Super poster

    fullyautomatix 's job has never been outsourced

    fullyautomatix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gaul
    Posts
    4,568

    Default

    Pout your lips so as to kiss her but instead sneeze loudly. She will love it!

  10. #10

    Contractor 'til I die

    doodab 's job has never been outsourced

    doodab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A bit too close to Wandsworth
    Posts
    16,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clippy View Post
    Let me guess. You've agreed to go on a date this evening with some bloke you met on an internet dating site, you suggested heading into Manchester for a meal, and now you've decided it's not such a good idea?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •