The believer who does righteous deeds receives a reward in this world. The believer who does righteous deeds receives a reward in this world.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 24

Godlike

threaded is good enough for Jehovah!

Default The believer who does righteous deeds receives a reward in this world.

One of the access roads to my farm has a little spur that takes one to some wells. It is out of the way, so it is used by dog walkers, drug dealers, car thieves, etc.

Girly saw something going off over there so went to investigate. She comes back and tells me there're all these discs and bars and stuff, but it all looks new, not the usual remains of old cars, mattresses, etc..

I go over and recognise that it's all the tools and important parts for a suspension bridge, definitely are brand new too.

Being public spirited I call the plod, telling them there's a great pile of really expensive looking kit dumped blocking a road. Get asked if I could pick it up and bring it to the station. I point out I'm on a bicycle and unfortunately it doesn't have a basket.

Couple of pretty young things turn up in a patrol car, have a look, try to pick one piece up, shrug and phone up for some more burly types to come and help clear a path as best they can.

Plod send an email later saying that no one has reported it stolen, and as it's on my land I can do whatever I want with it.

Well, I thinks, someone is missing some expensive stuff here: I'm sure they'd want it back. So look for manufacturer's markings. Find some. Send them an email.

A few hours later the bridge builders are on the phone saying they've had a call from their partners and are sending a lorry right away, which turns up in the middle of the night along with a van load of navvies who set up a full set of arc-lamps and carefully collect all the kit. When they're finished they set up a table, stove etc. and make themselves breakfast. I'm already over there, well it's exciting, it's not everyday one finds a lost suspension bridge, and I get a lovely bacon butty.

Bridge building boss man has just now been round and I've received a couple of bottles of wine and some flowers for girly.

Which is nice.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by threaded View Post
    One of the access roads to my farm has a little spur that takes one to some wells. It is out of the way, so it is used by dog walkers, drug dealers, car thieves, etc.

Girly saw something going off over there so went to investigate. She comes back and tells me there're all these discs and bars and stuff, but it all looks new, not the usual remains of old cars, mattresses, etc..

I go over and recognise that it's all the tools and important parts for a suspension bridge, definitely are brand new too.

Being public spirited I call the plod, telling them there's a great pile of really expensive looking kit dumped blocking a road. Get asked if I could pick it up and bring it to the station. I point out I'm on a bicycle and unfortunately it doesn't have a basket.

Couple of pretty young things turn up in a patrol car, have a look, try to pick one piece up, shrug and phone up for some more burly types to come and help clear a path as best they can.

Plod send an email later saying that no one has reported it stolen, and as it's on my land I can do whatever I want with it.

Well, I thinks, someone is missing some expensive stuff here: I'm sure they'd want it back. So look for manufacturer's markings. Find some. Send them an email.

A few hours later the bridge builders are on the phone saying they've had a call from their partners and are sending a lorry right away, which turns up in the middle of the night along with a van load of navvies who set up a full set of arc-lamps and carefully collect all the kit. When they're finished they set up a table, stove etc. and make themselves breakfast. I'm already over there, well it's exciting, it's not everyday one finds a lost suspension bridge, and I get a lovely bacon butty.

Bridge building boss man has just now been round and I've received a couple of bottles of wine and some flowers for girly.

Which is nice.
    A bacon sarnie and some plonk............is that it?
    I thought you were going to get a nice fat finders fee!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

More time posting than coding

ads1980 is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    A bacon sarnie and some plonk............is that it?
    I thought you were going to get a nice fat finders fee!!!

Good work! I once remember when I was younger, I was on a bus with my Gran and found a wallet containing loads of cards and around £300 in cash. We handed it in to the police and it was reclaimed by its rightful owner who was very happy! As a thank you he sent me a plant!! And, it still had the price on it of £2.99!! I still to this day ask myself who would buy an 8 year old boy a plant!?

Contractor 'til I die

doodab 's job has never been outsourced

I thought you were going to tell us you now had the finishing touch for the water feature at the bottom of the garden.

When I was a teenager I found a ring and handed it into the police, it turned out it was someone's engagement ring, and her husband came round and gave me fifty quid. Which was nice.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Which is nice.
    Have you thought about using an old laptop for cctv use?
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

我们不是病毒

Contractor Among Contractors

dang65 has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ads1980 View Post
    I still to this day ask myself who would buy an 8 year old boy a plant!?
    My 8-year-old found 30 quid on a deserted country path we were walking along once. There was no one around, so we said we'd walk along a bit and see if we met anyone but otherwise he could keep it.

Of course, not much further on we came across some people picking blackberries. "Don't suppose you've lost some cash?" we asked. Quick fumbling in pockets. "Oh, gosh, I've lost 30 quid!" says one of them. So we handed the money over, explaining that our 8-year-old had been the one who spotted it. And she said, "Thanks!" to us, without looking at him. And that was it.

We had to give him a couple of quid ourselves to demonstrate that being honest pays and you might even get a reward from someone who is nice and grateful.

Super poster

moorfield is too good to be a permie

These days we just list our unwanted carp on ebay for a penny buyer must collect only rather than offloading onto the nearest 8 year old.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

Alan Titchmarsh??
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

well it's exciting, it's not everyday one finds a lost suspension bridge
    I'm curious to know if it was nicked from a bridge that was already built, or one in the process of being built.

Very odd!

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth is a fount of knowledge

Sister found several sacks of cannabis plants and growing equipment in their drive last month. I never get anything exciting, just fag ends usually.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)