Official request to repeat the B word at the airport Official request to repeat the B word at the airport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 14

More fingers than teeth

TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

Default Official request to repeat the B word at the airport

So picture the scene, you're getting a bit fed up with being stripped, prodded, probed and herded through customs and a sound or flash sets off a touch of Tourettes (commonly known as sagurettes) and you release the "B" word [come to think of it customs would have field day with someone with Tourettes and that persons affliction might have discovered nirvana]. And the customs people ask you to repeat what you said. What do you do? Not what this guy did apparently:

A man who looked like a larger version of Charles Clarke appeared, loomed over me and demanded that I repeat what I had just said. I did so. Did I detect the traces of a smile around the edges of his mouth? Then he asked me to tell him, for a second time, exactly what I had said. I did. Daily Wail
    Lucky was the lady who was queuing up behind me when they took away my little pair of fold-up key-fob scissors (silly me for forgetting that they were dangerous), when she said quietly that they thought I was going to stab someone with them, and giggled. She might have risked being probed for that comment.

Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

Outrageous but somehow not surprising

Contractor 'til I die

doodab 's job has never been outsourced

They are a rude bunch.

I like it when I arrive at the passport control on the way in to the UK. There is a big sign next that says "asylum". I think that sums it up.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

I have seen a lot worse over a tube of toothpaste not to mention a lesbian security guard feeling up women and the women being in tears afterwards. The airports make a great job of welcoming emigrants and making genuine visitors wish to never come again.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

我们不是病毒

Double Godlike!

Spacecadet is a permanent contractor

At Schiphol airport about 10 years ago I was waiting to board a connecting flight and decided to take a photo of the plane, it looked quick nice sitting there with the sun setting behind it.
    Anyway, security guard approached me, apologised, called me Sir after every sentence and said he'll have to check my bag as I'd taken a photo of the plane.
    He finished off with "Have a pleasant trip sir"
    Coffee's for closers

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I have seen a lot worse over a tube of toothpaste not to mention a lesbian security guard feeling up women and the women being in tears afterwards. The airports make a great job of welcoming emigrants and making genuine visitors wish to never come again.
    What's the rule with toothpaste? I've had sunblock taken away from me. The limit is 100 ml or something. What's the betting all confiscated stuff ends up in their pockets at the end of the day?

Double Godlike!

Spacecadet is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What's the rule with toothpaste? I've had sunblock taken away from me. The limit is 100 ml or something. What's the betting all confiscated stuff is loaded onto the same plane and sold back to you at the other end?
    FTFY
    Coffee's for closers

doGlike

SupremeSpod has no reputation

What's the rule with toothpaste? I've had sunblock taken away from me. The limit is 100 ml or something. What's the betting all confiscated stuff ends up in their pockets at the end of the day?
    Girly had some expensive gunky stuff in a bottle. The bottle exceeded the maximum size. It was well under half full. Expensive gunky stuff was thrown in the bin at the airport. Girly not remotely amused.

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Girly had some expensive gunky stuff in a bottle. The bottle exceeded the maximum size. It was well under half full. Expensive gunky stuff was thrown in the bin at the airport. Girly not remotely amused.
    Well at least the customs staff smelt nice the next day.

doGlike

SupremeSpod has no reputation

Well at least the customs staff smelt nice the next day.
    Probably.

Just think what would happen if the bin caught fire...