• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just a thought, but....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought, but....

Does anyone actually do any fakkin' work in this country?

Just spent 1 hour getting into Bath because of the traffic & town was completely jam packed with people of a working age and I'm sure they're not all having a day off like I am. There was i thinking today would be a good day to do all my chores & avoid all the crowds

While I'm at it, here's another thing. As I'm sat in my car in Sainsbury's carpark, 2 rather robust young ladies lumbered over to their car, removed their shopping from their trolley and dumped it all down hard on the bonnet of the car. Then one of 'em takes the trolley back & when she returns they both proceed to put the shopping into a completely different car and drive off

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Does anyone actually do any fakkin' work in this country?
    Not me. I don't do any work in this country whatsoever.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I've never managed to drive into Bath without a huge delay.

It's like the place was designed years ago, before there were cars.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

It's the one way system; every few years they change it around and make it more screwed up than it was before.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          It's the one way system
          Reversible time would be much worse.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Leaving Bath, drive through Weston Park, or the next road past Beckford's Tower (depending on where you start from), to Lansdown, and then join the main road to the M4 several miles north of the roundabout leading to Bath. Nicer country scenery too.

Going to Bath (again from the M4) do this in reverse. That way you miss most of the muppets queing up to drive into the town the hard way via the roundabout.

Heading into Bath from a different direction, yer on yer own, as I can't offer any advice.

HTH
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Lived there for a few years a while back. Had a lovely pad on one of the crescents, paid for by Clientco!

There are a few ways of taking back roads etc, but it's a pretty tulipty area to get stuck in.

I used to cycle all the time when I lived there. I've put on 45lbs since those halycon days.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I used to cycle all the time when I lived there. I've put on 45lbs since those halycon days.
                Top Tip that will help you lose 20lbs of ugly fat in no time at all.
                Chop off your head!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Top Tip that will help you lose 20lbs of ugly fat in no time at all.
                  Chop off your head!!

Thanks Shaunbob.

Just come back from my second trip into the forests and downs to my new client. Haven't yet found a decent route so going to go out again tomorrow.

I deserve ten pints and a kebab now!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                  X