Burka Ban Burka Ban
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Burka Ban

Banned

gricerboy is too good to be a permie

Default Burka Ban

Don't really care what people wear but I can't help feeling that there's more than a little mischief making going on here. Most of the women who wear the niqab are 2nd or 3rd generation children of Pakistani immigrants who wouldn't probably have gone around in such attire themselves. Why they feel the need to do so I don't know but I'm sure there's a bit cocking the snook involved. There's a couple of guys where I work who have suddenly become very pious. Gone from wearing jeans and t shirts to the full dishdash with chinstrap beard. One of them keeps standing behind me counting his worry beads.

Contractor Among Contractors

dang65 has no reputation

I think that everyone should start walking round in them - men, women and children. It would be absolute chaos. Which can only be a good thing.

doGlike

SupremeSpod has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gricerboy View Post
    Don't really care what people wear but I can't help feeling that there's more than a little mischief making going on here. Most of the women who wear the niqab are 2nd or 3rd generation children of Pakistani immigrants who wouldn't probably have gone around in such attire themselves. Why they feel the need to do so I don't know but I'm sure there's a bit cocking the snook involved. There's a couple of guys where I work who have suddenly become very pious. Gone from wearing jeans and t shirts to the full dishdash with chinstrap beard. One of them keeps standing behind me counting his worry beads.
    Tell him that he's causing a disturbance in the force!

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth is a fount of knowledge

Asserting their own culture. That's ok, it's only racist if white people do it.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Godlike

Clippy has no reputation

Bullsh!t.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

gricerboy,
    thumbing worrybeads in your vicinity is not all that surprising. Think yourself lucky that people have not yet taken to sharpening their kukris when they see you boarding the train.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Banned

gricerboy is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by Clippy View Post
    Bullsh!t.
    No, very true I'm afraid.

Godlike

Clippy has no reputation

No, very true I'm afraid.
    Bullsh!t.

Super poster

lilelvis2000 is a permanent contractor

Proof?

doGlike

SupremeSpod has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Proof?
    Actually, GricerBoy may have a point here...

I mentioned to CM that I tend to see more obviously "converted to" Islam women wearing the Burka than those born into it. Particularly girls/young women who have a moslem significant other.