• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is the pound taking a beating from the euro all of a sudden?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye Milan

The main reason is that the markets have balked at the recent annouecments from the US that economic recovery could be some years away - when the dollar falls Sterling tends to fall as well - altough I predict it will be back at 1.20 by the end of August.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
      Aye Milan

The main reason is that the markets have balked at the recent annouecments from the US that economic recovery could be some years away - when the dollar falls Sterling tends to fall as well - altough I predict it will be back at 1.20 by the end of August.

Aye Alf,

another thing, the Euro falling all round about 15% two months ago has helped a lot too.

In an exporting region like mainland Europe you can't beat a weak currency.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Aye Alf,

another thing, the Euro falling all round about 15% two months ago has helped a lot too.

In an exporting region like mainland Europe you can't beat a weak currency.

Milan.
        Aye Milan

But you should heed the Good Word

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust spoils, and where thieves do not dig through nor steal; for where thy treasure is, there will be also thy heart.

Comment

It's not even nearly over yet - Spain is going to cause huge problems for the Eurozone. People seem to have forgotten that Spain was screwed even before the downturn.

It's going to get messy...
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Aye Milan

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust spoils, and where thieves do not dig through nor steal; for where thy treasure is, there will be also thy heart.

thank you Alf,

there are many more good words where those words came from which we should all heed

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              thank you Alf,

there are many more good words where those words came from which we should all heed

Milan.
              Ya grovelling wee bastid!

Comment

Aye Milan

For.....I'm just a country boy
                Money have I none
                But I've got silver in the stars
                And gold in the morning sun
                And gold in the morning sun

I like Don Williams' version.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                X