Can you learn to drum from Rock Band? Can you learn to drum from Rock Band?
Posts 1 to 3 of 3

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Default Can you learn to drum from Rock Band?

The 'guitar' in RB and GH is a joke, and I gather the singing too. But does anyone here play the drums enough to know if the same applies? It seems like a video game should be able to help you learn the basics of keeping time and that playing a silly plastic kit would at least have some similarities.

So... any chance of justifying it as educational?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Nervous Newbie

xisystems has no reputation

As a part time drummer, rock band set on hard is getting some where near playing a real kit. however it will not teach you how to hold the stick, rudiments etc,

simon

Double Godlike!

Spacecadet is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by xisystems View Post
    As a part time drummer, rock band set on hard is getting some where near playing a real kit. however it will not teach you how to hold the stick, rudiments etc,

simon
    partly true... it won't teach you those basics but it will help you practice those methods and put them into real practice without having to just bang some drums by yourself. Also the different difficulty levels mean you can play as a beginner with less frustration!
    Interestingly you can plug regular electronic drums directly into Rockband and/or GH

There are similar programs which allow you to plug a real guitar into a PC and play a rockband style game
    Coffee's for closers