The Best Country For Property Investment The Best Country For Property Investment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 20

More time posting than coding

ads1980 is too good to be a permie

Default The Best Country For Property Investment

I looked last year into buying a Villa in Spain. It wasnt expensive either (£140k) and we also worked out from the books that the rent over the summer months would just about cover the mortgage for the year. The problem was, the Spanish lenders requirea minimum of around 45% deposit and as well as the price of the Villa, there are also fees to go on top which worked out at about 20k. We knocked it on the head. I am just wondering though if anyone has any ideas on good places abroad to invest in?

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by ads1980 View Post
    I looked last year into buying a Villa in Spain. It wasnt expensive either (£140k) and we also worked out from the books that the rent over the summer months would just about cover the mortgage for the year. The problem was, the Spanish lenders requirea minimum of around 45% deposit and as well as the price of the Villa, there are also fees to go on top which worked out at about 20k. We knocked it on the head. I am just wondering though if anyone has any ideas on good places abroad to invest in?

Keep away from Spain; they are a bunch of crooks,

You could try Czech Republic or Bulgaria
    (300% increase in six years)
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

我们不是病毒

More time posting than coding

ads1980 is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post

Yeah, somone else mentioned Bulgaria. They went on holiday there and said it was amazing!

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by ads1980 View Post
    The only worthwhile investment in European property for the next few years (for capital gains) is the top end in the financial capitals (London, Paris, Frankfurt, Zurich etc).
    You can't afford it so don't bother.

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Godlike

milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post

Paddy,

are you saying there aren't crooks in Bulharsko ?

Make mine a pint of what he's drinking please barman.

Milan.

Contractor Among Contractors

lukemg is a permanent contractor

Don't even think about Spain, the market has collapsed after massive over supply due to availability of lending leaving thousands of empty properties.

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by lukemg View Post
    Don't even think about Spain, the market has collapsed after massive over supply due to availability of lending leaving thousands of empty properties.
    Unloess you want a holiday home to enjoy for its own sake, for cash, of course
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Contractor Among Contractors

lukemg is a permanent contractor

Yes, this might signal an opportunity to purchase but in a foreign country the chance of getting turned over is too risky.
    If you really want to, I would consider a mature development in an enduringly popular location which may still have fallen in price.
    I wouldn't touch anything off-plan, new development, infrastructure to follow, blah blah with a bargepole regardless of price.
    For ref - look at the people looking at holes in the ground in Dubai where there 'astonishingly good value' apartment blocks (due to be finished in 08) are located.

Contractor 'til I die

doodab 's job has never been outsourced

I've heard there are some nice vineyards in Bulgaria.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by doodab View Post
    I've heard there are some nice vineyards in Bulgaria.
    I've heard French wine growers are buying land in Blighty as in a few years the climate here will be better for vineyards than in France.
    There are one or two very good grapes produced here already.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal