• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They Won't Win

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They will have achieved "something" if, as I fear, the government uses this as an excuse to restrict our civil liberties even further.

Comment

Snaw you are sooooo naive. You cannot understand their actions because you have never been brainwashed in the way that they have. They believe, as do most terrorists, that they are fighting a war and they will do anything to win it. This is not a win in the conventional sense as you and I would understand it but for any terrorist causing chaos in a major city is a result, getting a full days news is a result, killing those they see as the enemy is a result etc etc

Comment

Well JG, I'm a lot of things but naive isn't one of them. I don't accept your definition of win - cause by that it implies we have lost - which you seem to be conceding but speaking for myself I don't feel that any more now than I felt they'd won when I lived in NY.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
          Well JG, I'm a lot of things but naive isn't one of them. I don't accept your definition of win - cause by that it implies we have lost - which you seem to be conceding but speaking for myself I don't feel that any more now than I felt they'd won when I lived in NY.
          The thing is, Snaw, the terrorists don't care whether you think they've "won", only that they themselves, and their compatriots across the globe, see this as a victory.

You should know that errorism is not a zero sum game, i.e. it isn't I win and you lose.

Comment

There will always be terrorists Snaw because there are always extremists. From this perspective you can never win a 'war on terror'. Until our nation is run by Al Qaeda we will not have been beaten in the sense that you mean but, today, they had the upper hand for want of a better expression. The Dunkirk spirit is admirable but we are currently 'fighting' a spectre that has no regard for human life - least of all its own. We have been admitting people into the UK, not sending back those who were here illegally and funding those who were, the controls are inadequate and the human rights mob make matters worse. What has happened today was IMHO inevitable

Comment

Well the thing is LB that goes both way's - and I couldn't give a sh!T what the terrorists think cause the only thing that matters is what we think.

Attack me all you want for thinking that, that's your own personal call, doesn't change my mind one bit. If that's naive that's fine by me.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

New excuse to...

Roll out ID cards...

Comment

Snaw, you're a cartoon caricature of a sad little comprehensive oik who has good reason to be thankful things are the way they are, so it's no great surprise you deny reality.

Unfortunately there's precious little TB around today to keep you occupied.
                  Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Sadly the only people who will win are those who take advatange of these atrocities to cut down on legitimate citizens freedoms. ID card now surely will be fasttracked, even though I am pretty sure that those who perpetrated these acts had proper cover just like those on 9/11.

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                      Snaw, you're a cartoon caricature of a sad little comprehensive oik who has good reason to be thankful things are the way they are, so it's no great surprise you deny reality.
                      Apart from that making absolutely no sense whatsoever, how about you make up your own insults, instead of aping your betters.

Comprehensive little oik I may be, but I'll always be your daddy, and you'll always be my bitch in any debate ...

Comment

Working...
                      X