• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stressssssssssss!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stressssssssssss!!!!

I'm having a bit of a bad time of it at present...

Bad sleep patterns, bad mood, frustrated, argumentative and lack of concentra...

I'm normally so even handed positive etc etc...

Apart from drinking too much - what do you do to relieve the stress...

Also how long do the feelings last?

T

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Until you have a heart attack or a stroke.

Get your blood pressure checked and chill.

Take it from someone who knows about such things through experience.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Get some prossies.

That is what people seem to do these days if they are stressed.

I run quite a bit, gets me out the house. Battering the hell out of a drum kit works for me.

Comment

I'm having a bit of a bad time of it at present...

Bad sleep patterns, bad mood, frustrated, argumentative and lack of concentra...

I'm normally so even handed positive etc etc...

Apart from drinking too much - what do you do to relieve the stress...

<<Suityooooooooooooo>>
        <<Wilmslooooooooooow>>

Canned laughter.

Seriously though it seems you know the cause of your stress. Hypertension is a silent killer, lots of people are stressed without realising it. Are you sure it's not anxiety, panic attack type symptoms you have? Deal with the root cause of the problem and failing that I'd get some proper medical advice on what you can do to relieve the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Until you have a heart attack or a stroke.

Get your blood pressure checked and chill.

Take it from someone who knows about such things through experience.

Blood pressure good - went to see someone tonight to get me 'ed sorted.

Nightmare 18months... benched... tough contract... studying... mum died... moved house ... lost 9 stones... started plan B...

--- then REALLY EASY contract and then the wheels have fallen off?

T

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Get some prossies.
            went to see someone tonight to get me 'ed sorted.
            Its always good to see good advice

Did you get good head?
            Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
            Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Blood pressure good - went to see someone tonight to get me 'ed sorted.

Nightmare 18months... benched... tough contract... studying... mum died... moved house ... lost 9 stones... started plan B...

--- then REALLY EASY contract and then the wheels have fallen off?

T
              Maybe ths is now occupying your mind a lot more than you expected it to? There is an expectation that you 'get over' these things after a while. Just a thought ...
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Maybe ths is now occupying your mind a lot more than you expected it to? There is an expectation that you 'get over' these things after a while. Just a thought ...
                Indeed...

Good point.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your woes Tingles.

About four years ago, I started getting severe chest pains and, generally, just didn't feel right.

Mentioned it to a friend who said it was stress and I just laughed.

I was going through a tricky relationship at the time which ended not long after.

All my symptoms cleared up all most straight away.

First time I experienced stress, certainly to that level, and can now appreciate the effect it can have.

Thing is, only you will be able to determine what is causing it and it probably won't come to you straight away.

In the meantime, I'd suggest you schedule regular 'me time' to occupy your mind with more pleasant things.

e.g. go for a walk in the park/countryside, take a weekend break, go to the cinema, have a massage, start going to the gym etc.

Best of luck with it and let us know how you get on.

Comment

9 stone!!!

I thought I was doing well with 2.5 stone in 8 months.

Seriously, I would lose it without my range of pointless hobbies.

Comment

Working...
                    X