• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wilmslowesque mishap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilmslowesque mishap

Yesterday I went to the dentist. Aside from the completion of root canal treatment, the extraction of a wisdom tooth was on the agenda. The root canal job passed without incident, as is the norm these days. However, the extraction of the wisdom tooth was a little more difficult. Picture the scene; my dentist, a former Dutch motocross champion with arms like Popeye, twisting the pliers back and forth while I offered as much resistance as my 18 inch neck could muster.

Eventually the wisdom tooth let go and came out, the dentist stumbling backwards as my tooth and his pliers shot out of my mouth together. Luckily without damage to the front teeth.

Now I have a large hole where the roots of the wisdom tooth used to be. Rather naïvely I went to lunch in a nearby Spanish restaurant today and enjoyed a satisfactory, if slightly bland paella. I now have a grain of rice stuck in the hole, and rinse as I may, it won’t come out.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Now I have a large hole where the roots of the wisdom tooth used to be. Rather naïvely I went to lunch in a nearby Spanish restaurant today and enjoyed a satisfactory, if slightly bland paella. I now have a grain of rice stuck in the hole, and rinse as I may, it won’t come out.
    swill with warm salt water, it will help with the healing and stop infections. Plus it might loosen the grain of rice out.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      swill with warm salt water, it will help with the healing and stop infections. Plus it might loosen the grain of rice out.
      thx

What if I drink some thin bouillon soup? Will that cook the rice and cause it to coagulate into a sort of risotto filling?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        2nd that, Definately get that bugger out, otherwise the fun/pain will only just be starting
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Your best bet is to either blast it out with a jet of water, skewer it with a pin, or shake it out by hanging upside down and dancing like Bez.

You could also try sucking while poking it with your tongue.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

WILMSLOW!!!!!!

(thats what you guys say isnt it)

Comment

Is it a lower one? Hammer a nail from underneath to push it out.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Is it a lower one? Hammer a nail from underneath to push it out.

This is what I expect from CUK!

Comment

I am sure a carefully aimed jet of piss from a "lady of the night" will dislodge it.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

tweasers from your swiss army knife

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X