• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will you see snow this winter? - Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We normally have it from November through till February. And I can see the alps from my balcony.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

If it snows heavily with record breaking cold temperatures it will be just a freak weather event.

However, if we have an unusually mild winter, it will be further evidence of the rising average global temperature caused mostly by 4x4 drivers living in the south.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        We normally have it from November through till February. And I can see the alps from my balcony.
        Now that you mention it, on the course I did the other week I could see snow on the Alps on my train journey there. On the days that it wasn't sileing down anyway.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I saw some snow in my deep freezer the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Yeah, but will you see it ?

If it snows in Glasgow, I don't see it. Very rarely snows where I live. Gulf stream and all that jazz.....
            I certainly see it on the Clyde coast, couldn't move the car for a week last winter.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm going to buy some decent winter clothes this winter. Anyone got any recommendations for buying decent winter clothing? Ski shops? Is thermal underwear any good?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                Hmmm, so far the wisdom of crowds are indicating a cold winter in the UK.
                The question was "will we see snow" and there was no option for "a bit". We'd nearly see some snow every winter but that doesn't imply a heavy snowfall or a cold winter like last year.

I think the poll needs another option.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Wasn't aware of the fact he was touring this winter. Hasn't done anything since Informer has he?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

This is my greatest fear.
                    Me too - I bloody hate the cold and the snow. I wasn't meant for this tulipty climate
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      I'm going to buy some decent winter clothes this winter. Anyone got any recommendations for buying decent winter clothing? Ski shops? Is thermal underwear any good?
                      In the UK, Snow and Rock, Ellis Brigham, Cotswold Outdoors, Blacks etc are good places to start.

Ski wear tends to be quite expensive and often not that warm in and of itself because a) skiing & boarding are high intensity activities so you keep warm from the activity and b) it's often designed to be layered so on especially cold days you add a fleece under your skiing jacket.

For just keeping warm around town I have a down filled jacket, hat, gloves and scarf and some proper boots and warm walking/hiking socks do the trick. Thermal underwear is good when it's really cold, I do find if I'm out for an hour or more in the extreme cold jeans alone don't cut it.

Layering is good, especially in the UK where most of the time it isn't going to be below freezing all day every day I find my down coat can be overkill except for a week or two.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X