• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Fun: Best meal you ever had?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Simple. Best meal ever is a bender in a bun followed by a Knickerbocker Glory with my chum Malc at our local Wimpy.
    Try to keep your sockie at least slightly consistent. Is this you giving up?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think even Threaded is getting bored with himself.

Why don't you pop back Threaded before I start leaking Fiddles images over every Gricer post :
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

I've always stuck to the principle that if I'm going to get blind drunk I want the vomit to taste good on the way out.
        Says the man who's picked a restaurant that's more expensive than the Fat Duck and Waterside Inn combined

I don't see the point in getting blind drunk where good food and good wine are concerned.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Says the man who's picked a restaurant that's more expensive than the Fat Duck and Waterside Inn combined

I don't see the point in getting blind drunk where good food and good wine are concerned.
          Oh you should live a little

How are you btw?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Oh you should live a little

How are you btw?
            Ok, obviously two different 3 Michelin stars restaurants aren't living a little

btw my vote went for a non descriptive Portuguese shack by the sea (and yes I have eaten at both the 3 Michelin places on a few occasions)

As for me, looking forward to a short break and finding a new job and a recipe for curried goat.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

A cousin's wedding feast was my first experience of fine eating. Absolutely gorgeous and no expense spared.

Lots of good meals in France, one of the best being a nondescript family restaurant one lunchtime which was full of builders. Not posh but great grub. The full sea food platter in Paris which was a reward for helping a permie out of a jam was great too. We had a prolonged lunchtime there and were so busy eating and talking that just one bottle of wine was more than enough.

When I was in Yorkshire I was lucky enough to have a decent variety of good spots on hand. The home grown ham from pigs fed on beer slops was excellent.

As far as meals on the move go, British Midland were always good and a Lufthansa meal after a 6 month stint in the sticks with boring bland food was like paradise.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
              X