• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trust funds - help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    aye. Ive done that. It seems to be a massive grey area. everyone knows what a trust fund is, but noone can define a trust fund.

Perhaps you should go and ask over in 'Legal and Accounting'.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post
      Perhaps you should go and ask over in 'Legal and Accounting'.
      you are right, but this is the best place to get good general advice and experience.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

you are right, but this is the best place to get good general advice and experience.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          trust me. they helped me with crabs a few years ago.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

trust me. they helped me with crabs a few years ago.

These ones?

Comment

If you need Accountancy help don't ask an Accountant ask Cuk.

If you need Legal advice don't ask a solicitor ask Cuk

If you need Contract advice don't ask the PCG ask Cuk

If you need financial advice...yada yada
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                These ones?

no, mine were bigger, japanese, and there were about a thousand of them infesting my @rse-hole and sack region

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

A Trust is a quasi-legal entity in it's own right.

A trust deed establishes the trust, appoints trustees (i.e. real people or companies) to run the trust and specifies what the purpose of the trust is and possibly how it will be managed.

It is not a million miles away from the concept of a Limited Company in that it is an entity in its own right with individuals appointed to manage it according to rules set out at its establishment, but unlike a Company a trust is not recognised as an individual so if it holds assets, investments, bank accounts etc, these will be registered in the joint names of all the trustees, not the trust itself. There is no central registry of trusts.

The trustees have legal obligations set out by the trust deed but I don't know what the sanctions against them could be if they run off with all the money for example.

To set up a trust you need to see a Solicitor. You could probably do it yourself in theory, but not if you don't know what you are doing.

Comment

no, mine were bigger, japanese, and there were about a thousand of them infesting my Aa Sou and sack region

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                      A Trust is a quasi-legal entity in it's own right.

A trust deed establishes the trust, appoints trustees (i.e. real people or companies) to run the trust and specifies what the purpose of the trust is and possibly how it will be managed.

It is not a million miles away from the concept of a Limited Company in that it is an entity in its own right with individuals appointed to manage it according to rules set out at its establishment, but unlike a Company a trust is not recognised as an individual so if it holds assets, investments, bank accounts etc, these will be registered in the joint names of all the trustees, not the trust itself. There is no central registry of trusts.

The trustees have legal obligations set out by the trust deed but I don't know what the sanctions against them could be if they run off with all the money for example.

To set up a trust you need to see a Solicitor. You could probably do it yourself in theory, but not if you don't know what you are doing.
                      Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      If you need Accountancy help don't ask an Accountant ask Cuk.

If you need Legal advice don't ask a solicitor ask Cuk

If you need Contract advice don't ask the PCG ask Cuk

If you need financial advice...yada yada

Nice one Gonzo.

In your face MF

Comment

Working...
                      X