• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it really this good?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Sorry, I'll try and think of a better one next time.
    sorry about the short skirts quip. I meant , er... muscly guys in lederhosen

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sorry, I was thinking of Colombia.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I've posted on CUK while in Cambodia.
        So has Gary Glitter!!

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Sorry I was thinking of Cortez, not Panza.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Sorry I was thinking of Cortez, not Panza.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

woah these boards are so active I had to spend 5 mins searching this post!

I am actually from england on a gapyear. Coming home soon Looking to go self employed but want to do a junior permie role first to get more experience.

Haha I am not mexican! My name and Cambodia are completely unrelated!

Comment

Originally posted by whoolio View Post
                Looking to go self employed but want to do a junior permie role first to get more experience
                Self-employed isn't necessarily contracting in the way that you might be thinking.

As an IT consultant you ARE employed - by a Limited company which you happen to be in control of. If the crap hits the fan then the Limited company takes the hit - not you personally (unless you have acted fraudulently in which case the Limited company protection can be removed).

Self-employed is where you do your thing but haven't got the Limited company protecting you. Hairdressers and handymen etc might fall into that camp. If they chop someone's ear off or bring a house down whilst delivering their service then their personal assets are up for grabs.

Comment

Working...
                X