• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decision day tomorrow - to perm or not to perm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decision day tomorrow - to perm or not to perm

Time to make my mind up.

Market is looking pretty tumbleweed in my area, and I have a stoopid (>£80k) perm offer in front of me.

Go straight to prison. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 rupees.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      Time to make my mind up.

Market is looking pretty tumbleweed in my area, and I have a stoopid (>£80k) perm offer in front of me.
      I had the same decision a while back. For me it was 89k and when I jacked it last year it was 95k plus 15% bonus plus car allowance plus shares worth 20k a year. I got paid regular, had to put up with politics and got bored. I then jacked and went back contracting cause I didn't get on with my new boss. They have now left.

I need ******* shooting!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I had the same decision a while back. For me it was 89k and when I jacked it last year it was 95k plus 15% bonus plus car allowance plus shares worth 20k a year. I got paid regular, had to put up with politics and got bored. I then jacked and went back contracting cause I didn't get on with my new boss. They have now left.

Yeah but if you´d stayed you´d have become one of those political brown-nosed corporate arseholes too.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Yeah but if you´d stayed you´d have become Sasguru too.
          ftfy

Comment

And now you still hate your boss.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              I have a stoopid (>£80k) perm offer in front of me.

I would probably not engage into SKA project if I could earn that much, probably

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I would probably not engage into SKA project if I could earn that much, probably
                I do wonder what the criteria was that granted your visa
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I don't believe you ever started SKA with any commercial return in mind AtW.

If you wanted to make money you would have
                  contacted me years ago.

Comment

I don't believe you ever started SKA with any commercial return in mind AtW.
                    That's true, if I wanted to make money I'd do something else, much easier and make lots of millions by now having a nice detached house next to our own DimPrawn's mansion, BBQs like every time there is a nice weather in England, or in other words few times a year - that'd be grand innit?

Comment

Working...
                    X