• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simulation Modelling for Events

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its quite straight forward. Basically you are looking to model an entire site, plus 50000+ individuals, the roads in, parking, when they leave, the routes they walk around the site, when they need to go to the loo, when they are hungry, what music stages they will visit based on when they’re scheduled.
    You need arrival distributions, little erlang modelling, randomness.
    Associate costs to all the staff, facilities, music. Little model for ticket sales / volumes / marketing.
    Keep running the simulations, benchmark them, produce a scorecard with different scenarios and Bob’s your uncle – done.
    Piece of piss, money in the bank. Any questions?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Its quite straight forward. Basically you are looking to model an entire site, plus 50000+ individuals, the roads in, parking, when they leave, the routes they walk around the site, when they need to go to the loo, when they are hungry, what music stages they will visit based on when they’re scheduled.
      Associate costs to all the staff, facilities, music. Little model for ticket sales / volumes / marketing.
      Keep running the simulations, benchmark them, produce a scorecard with different scenarios and Bob’s your uncle – done.
      sounds like a three monther. I'll do it for 25k
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

How much money?
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

MF, you downranking biatch. For MS Paint!

Wait 'til I get my quota re-stocked. You're going down.

Muahahahaaa...
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            sounds like a three monther. I'll do it for 25k
            I'll do it in 2 months for 24k on a T&M basis.

I might use my ROS and get EO to do it for a tenner though.

Comment

It sounds quite straight forward but it probably isn't. Modelling the behaviour of people in crowds is quite complicated.

You might start here:

Crowd Dynamics | Crowd Management, Crowd Modelling, Crowd Behaviour
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Mmm some sort of monte carlo simulation?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  OK ok ok I added the tags. Happy now?
                  Pot calling kettle black.

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    It sounds quite straight forward but it probably isn't. Modelling the behaviour of people in crowds is quite complicated.

You might start here:

Crowd Dynamics | Crowd Management, Crowd Modelling, Crowd Behaviour
                    Cheers doodab.

I've seen a few programs where they've used Sim style models. There's bound to be a software for it I'm not aware of it yet.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Pot calling kettle black.

Always, this is general!
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X