• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simulation Modelling for Events

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulation Modelling for Events

Having got pissed last night at a dinner party with someone senior for a major events company, they mentioned that they had trouble predicting sales/ROI on their events. In addition, they mentioned they had problems on capacity/health & safety.

I then sketched out a model including simulation modelling of the whole event, including stage times, toilet locations, food etc. It look pretty bloody amazing on a piece of A4!!!

Just had a call saying that she's told the board she knows an expert who can help and they've asked me to come up with a pitch next month.

Can anyone recommend any software???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Having got pissed last night at a dinner party with someone senior for a major events company, they mentioned that they had trouble predicting sales/ROI on their events. In addition, they mentioned they had problems on capacity/health & safety.

I then sketched out a model including simulation modelling of the whole event, including stage times, toilet locations, food etc. It look pretty bloody amazing on a piece of A4!!!

Just had a call saying that she's told the board she knows an expert who can help and they've asked me to come up with a pitch next month.

Before or after you got pissed?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

MS Paint
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

No, but you could open your pitch with the story of Boids: Boids - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Comment

Does anyone understand the question?

Comment

Does anyone care?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                Does anyone care?
                I care. When he crashed and burns I hope he moans on here so we can have a good laugh at him.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  I care. When he crashed and burns I hope he moans on here so we can have a good laugh at him.

Have you been drinking?

[Serious and straight faced]
                  Anyway you shouldn't belittle MF - He is a real entrepreneur.... a risk taker... the country needs more people like him.

He is prepared to give any/everything a go. Good luck to him I say!!
                  [/SASF]

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    Have you been drinking?

[Serious and straight faced]
                    Anyway you shouldn't belittle MF - He is a real entrepreneur.... a risk taker... the country needs more people like him.

He is prepared to give any/everything a go. Good luck to him I say!!
                    [/SASF]
                    Yip, one coffee and one pint of squash so far. Why?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X