Selling a the company instead of closing ? Selling a the company instead of closing ?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1

    Banned

    supergal has no reputation


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    46

    Default Selling a the company instead of closing ?

    I have a 3 years old contractor`s LTD that is being closed, it has turnover below 100K each year. Are there people who might be interested in buying it ? For the healthy histroy , etc . And what money ?

  2. #2

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supergal View Post
    I have a 3 years old contractor`s LTD that is being closed, it has turnover below 100K each year. Are there people who might be interested in buying it ? For the healthy histroy , etc . And what money ?
    Is the 3 year old bored of it now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  3. #3

    Geeklike

    Xenophon has more data than eek

    Xenophon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CUK
    Posts
    8,660

    Default

    eBay it.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

  4. #4

    Godlike

    chef is a permanent contractor

    chef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sverige
    Posts
    6,082

    Default

    More out of curiosity, what would you include with the business? i.e what value does it have?

    I assume you set up shares for £1 when you first started. So share value = £1, or would you not include these in the sale?

    I would also assume you would remove all capital from the bank minus HMRC bills.

    Would you include company assets such as the laptop, printer/fax/scanner and/or mobile I assume you acquired via the company? If not would these be written off in company accounts?

    Would you pay any fees in transferring company details i.e accountancy drawing up company accounts to date, legal writing the contract of sale, any possible Companies House fees? or would the buyer assume these costs. This could be quite significant and if more than £150 the buyer could form there own company.

    Would you include the company website, stationery etc. this may add £150 to the value at a guess.


    Essentially, what would be included, what do you value your company at and what are you looking to sell it for?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

  5. #5

    Terrible Flirt!

    Drewster has no reputation

    Drewster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Home from Jeddah
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    More out of curiosity, what would you include with the business? i.e what value does it have?

    I assume you set up shares for £1 when you first started. So share value = £1, or would you not include these in the sale?

    I would also assume you would remove all capital from the bank minus HMRC bills.

    Would you include company assets such as the laptop, printer/fax/scanner and/or mobile I assume you acquired via the company? If not would these be written off in company accounts?

    Would you pay any fees in transferring company details i.e accountancy drawing up company accounts to date, legal writing the contract of sale, any possible Companies House fees? or would the buyer assume these costs. This could be quite significant and if more than £150 the buyer could form there own company.

    Would you include the company website, stationery etc. this may add £150 to the value at a guess.


    Essentially, what would be included, what do you value your company at and what are you looking to sell it for?
    Don't feed the troll

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
    Don't feed the troll
    Why? Are you not hungry Woderick???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  7. #7

    Banned

    supergal has no reputation


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    More out of curiosity, what would you include with the business? i.e what value does it have?

    I assume you set up shares for £1 when you first started. So share value = £1, or would you not include these in the sale?

    I would also assume you would remove all capital from the bank minus HMRC bills.

    Would you include company assets such as the laptop, printer/fax/scanner and/or mobile I assume you acquired via the company? If not would these be written off in company accounts?

    Would you pay any fees in transferring company details i.e accountancy drawing up company accounts to date, legal writing the contract of sale, any possible Companies House fees? or would the buyer assume these costs. This could be quite significant and if more than £150 the buyer could form there own company.

    Would you include the company website, stationery etc. this may add £150 to the value at a guess.


    Essentially, what would be included, what do you value your company at and what are you looking to sell it for?

    no no . Apparently some people are interested in buying LTDs just because it existed for few years and had healthy accounts. I guess it can then be used to get loans or something more easily...

  8. #8

    Godlike

    Clippy has no reputation

    Clippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supergal View Post
    I have a 3 years old contractor`s LTD that is being closed, it has turnover below 100K each year. Are there people who might be interested in buying it ? For the healthy histroy , etc . And what money ?
    Let me guess, going back to Oz?

  9. #9

    Banned

    supergal has no reputation


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clippy View Post
    Let me guess, going back to Oz?
    going nonresident ...

  10. #10

    Godlike

    chef is a permanent contractor

    chef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sverige
    Posts
    6,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supergal View Post
    no no . Apparently some people are interested in buying LTDs just because it existed for few years and had healthy accounts. I guess it can then be used to get loans or something more easily...
    but you haven't answered my question, what is it exactly you are considering selling?, what do you value it at? and how much we're you hoping to get for it? If you want someone to invest in or buy out your co. you have to do a bit better than

    "umm errr <looks down, shuffles shoes umcomfortably> so would you like a company? it's good, honest"

    You don't put an advert online saying

    "apparently some people would like to buy a car so I'm selling mine as it's a healthy running car"

    you say something like

    "for sale: <make> <model> car for sale, <trimmings/outstanding qualities to tempt possible buyer to buy>, worth <large figure based upon your opinion of previous details>, selling for <smaller value to make it look a good deal> for a quick sale"
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •