• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Neighbour from hell – Update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbour from hell – Update

You may remember how I have a neighbour from hell, who enjoys throwing things over the fence, both in my garden, and at the cat, not forgetting beating my door to the point of breaking the window over silly things, like the cat sitting on their garden, as cat’s do.

They really kicked off a couple of months ago when they used garden shears on my front garden and threw the greenery over my back fence while I was sunbathing, making Indian whooping noises.

Since then I got a camera in the back garden as well as the front, and upgraded to an all singing and dancing 250GB dvr with rather exceptional sound recording capability as well.

Needless to say, upon seeing the new camera and mics, the neighbours have been nice and quiet. Shame I had to do this for peace, but it has worked a dream.

Peace was broken last night as the neighbourhood policing sergeant came round as they were complaining about me, but he admitted that they had nothing to complain about. He asked me to take down the cameras and to say hello to them and be friends. Last time I said a casual hi, I got a nice death threat.

He checked the camera views, said he was happy not overlooking any other house, but said he could not sanction them, but could not make me remove them.

He did not know that the neighbours refused mediation as offered by the PCSO, basically asking me to make things fine, even though I have been receiving the hassle and delaing with it by ignoring, before getting cctv when my cat was getting targeted.

He seems to want to get me for something though as he did a police check on my car reg!

Some policemen are simply c**ts. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of any situation, they just go for the easiest nick.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Some policemen are simply c**ts. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of any situation, they just go for the easiest nick.
      WHS

If your neighbours are persistent trouble makers with a load of minor court appearances and unpaid fines, they are far more likely to come round and do you for illegal parking, a nearly illegal tyre etc as they are to bother their arse with your neighbours.

If you behave like an honest citizen and look likely to want to avoid trouble and pay your way in society, the filth will tulip all over you and then probably make you apologise for upsetting your poor neighbours.

Neighbours and police are generally c**ts.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        WHS

If your neighbours are persistent trouble makers with a load of minor court appearances and unpaid fines, they are far more likely to come round and do you for illegal parking, a nearly illegal tyre etc as they are to bother their arse with your neighbours.

If you behave like an honest citizen and look likely to want to avoid trouble and pay your way in society, the filth will tulip all over you and then probably make you apologise for upsetting your poor neighbours.

Neighbours and police are generally c**ts.
        and then moan about it online.

Contractors, neighbours and police are generally c**ts.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The difficulty you might face in the future is if/when you come to sell your property. These days there are questions on the form which the solicitors swap which ask specific questions about whether there has been any problem with neighbours. Answer that negatively and wrongly and the purchasers of your home can then pursue you for damages.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            and then moan about it online.

Contractors, neighbours and police are generally c**ts.
            Certainly appears true in your case
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Are you still perving through their windows Wilmslow?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Well, they do not have a string of offences – they are middle class people with 2 young kids. It just so happens that the woman is a paranoid nutter and the bloke has anger management problems (brother was in prison lately for GBH).

Because I am a single bloke, living next to a middle class family, of course they will always be sweetness and light, and I am always going to be the pervie trouble maker. Which is why I got a week long cctv box to prove without doubt that I am actually the reasonable one if they decide to kick off (of kick the cat!) again.

Ironic that the only harassment I am getting now is from the police.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  while I was sunbathing, making Indian whooping noises.
                  I tend to read a book when I'm sunbathing. Each to their own.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Well, they do not have a string of offences – they are middle class people with 2 young kids. It just so happens that the woman is a paranoid nutter and the bloke has anger management problems (brother was in prison lately for GBH).

Because I am a single bloke, living next to a middle class family, of course they will always be sweetness and light, and I am always going to be the pervie trouble maker. Which is why I got a week long cctv box to prove without doubt that I am actually the reasonable one if they decide to kick off (of kick the cat!) again.

Ironic that the only harassment I am getting now is from the police.
                    Having met you I know why your single. Btw, I'd shoot your pervy webcam off the wall.

Comment

Working...
                    X