• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project Wetherspoons!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So in your view alcoholics that just want to get drunk would prefer to go to relatively expensive pub where they'd probably have to buy a round to their "networking mates" instead of getting cheap ultra strong Tesco lager?
    Social drinkers................. Money is no object..........as long as it is someone else's money.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You have to admire that guy (is he called Tim Martin?) who's managed to build an empire of JD Wetherspoons, despite the existing competition and the government interference. You don't get the really cheap deals outside of Jan/Feb, but it's still a thrill to buy a pint here in London for around £2. What I admire about the guy is he's perfectly prepared to change his policy if something isn't working. He had a policy of never accepting Euros (he was extremely Euro-sceptic) in his pubs, but stopped that immediately he realised he was missing out in certain tourist hot-spots. Also, televisions in pubs - at one time they were verboten in Wetherspoons pubs, but that policy's been changed. He's even allowed music in his pubs, although they come under the Lloyds bar brand.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Other than that I was in a wetherspoons today and they are getting 'proper job' in next month.

Last time I had that was in Newquay airport.

It's a decent brew and I for one am happy they are making an effort to get it up here.
        I wouldn't get your hopes up. It don't travel well.
        My eldest son used to work for St Austell's at their distribution depot a few miles from here. He got a good discount on their own brands. I preferred HSD and Admiral to Proper Job, with Tribute a distant fourth.
        Add to that all of the free clobber he got by way of Polo shirts/t-shirts/fleecys etc. and it was not a bad little number for him.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Social drinkers................. Money is no object..........as long as it is someone else's money.
          "Social drinking refers to casual drinking in a social setting without an intent to get drunk."

Source: Drinking culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you are claiming that those poor alcoholics that are so bad that they even get money from the state engage in "social drinking" as defined above?

You are even bigger retard than our very own ministrone.

Comment

"Social drinking refers to casual drinking in a social setting without an intent to get drunk."

So you are claiming that those poor alcoholics that are so bad that they even get money from the state engage in "social drinking" as defined above?

Oh stop taking yourself so seriously alexei. Nobody else does.

Comment

Where did that come from? Did I miss something? Did he deserve that?
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Oh stop taking yourself so seriously alexei. Nobody else does.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I wouldn't get your hopes up. It don't travel well.
                  My eldest son used to work for St Austell's at their distribution depot a few miles from here. He got a good discount on their own brands. I preferred HSD and Admiral to Proper Job, with Tribute a distant fourth.
                  Add to that all of the free clobber he got by way of Polo shirts/t-shirts/fleecys etc. and it was not a bad little number for him.
                  I nearly drowned myself in HSD when I was down in Cornwall in the summer, was always sneaking off for a fly pint of the stuff. Great beer.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I nearly drowned myself in HSD when I was down in Cornwall in the summer, was always sneaking off for a fly pint of the stuff. Great beer.
                    They also call it "High Speed Death"!!

Comment

You can say what you want about me but the use of retard as an insult is not one we should be using on the board.

Comment

Working...
                      X