• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The definition of being wealthy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take the OP is the spirit I think it was meant - wealth is how much money and assets you've got. Otherwise we are confusing it with quality of life, which I think is something else.

Anyway, I always wanted to be filthy rich, because I like the sound of that, but looking at Lumiere's list that's further away than I thought.
    Last edited by Doggy Styles; 11 October 2010, 16:17.

Comment

less than 2million dollars - struggling on a council estate?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrunge View Post
        less than 2million dollars - struggling on a council estate?
        In that list it's anything less than $800 million dollars.

One of my ex-classmates went to the US, started up his own software company and is known among us as being one of the "filthy rich", but I'm sure he's got a lot less than that. We'll have to find out how much and re-assess his sobriquet. He'll be upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          In that list it's anything less than $800 million dollars.

One of my ex-classmates went to the US, started up his own software company and is known among us as being one of the "filthy rich", but I'm sure he's got a lot less than that. We'll have to find out how much and re-assess his sobriquet. He'll be upset.
          How is William anyway? I'd heard he's stood down from day to day running and handed over to a balding mentalist
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            How is William anyway? I'd heard he's stood down from day to day running and handed over to a balding mentalist
            No, not him or anywhere near that amount of dosh. Not even in dimprawn's or threaded's class, I shouldn't imagine. Tens of millions though, which isn't to be sneezed at.

While we're on the subject, how much is threaded worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              While we're on the subject, how much is threaded worth?
              How long is a piece of string?
              With his time machine he just has to pop back a couple of days and he's won the euro millions (again)
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
              X