• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Evolution Recruitment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evolution Recruitment

Not quite "can I have 2 references", but this is certainly phishing in my book
    I didn't apply for this role, and I'm not even a developer!

Hi CheeseSlice,

Thank you for applying for the .NET Developer role in London.

I like the look of your CV for this role, before we move forward,

Where have you been on interview, or sent your CV in the last month? (based on London only)

I need to know this before we go forward with the application as I do not
    want to damage my relationship with the client as they have a number of offices including this one. So please also include the office.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Davis

Senior Recruitment Consultant

London Team - Microsoft Development Division
    How pathetic..

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

How pathetic..
    They need to get leads somehow!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Some of the Hoaxley lot are rather irritating in their fake mateyness.

‘Hi Mich, how’s it going? Where are you working now?’

‘Erm, OK, but I don’t believe I know you’

‘You know me, it’s Pete/Dave/Jim from Hoaxley; anyway, where are you working now?’

‘Erm, <clientco>.’

‘Oh, are your working under (insert randomly invented name)?’

‘No, never heard of him’

‘Oh yes, he was replaced by someone, what’s his name again, erm…’

´I don´t know´

And so on.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

How pathetic..
        I've just got the exact same message, but with Senior .NET developer (that I didn't apply for).

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
          I've just got the exact same message, but with Senior .NET developer (that I didn't apply for).
          You're obviously worth a higher daily rate then

I replied to mine and asked to see the job spec again as I must have misplaced it
          Still waiting for a response....

Comment

Where have you been on interview, or sent your CV in the last month? (based on London only)

I need to know this before we go forward with the application as I do not
            want to damage my relationship with the client as they have a number of offices including this one. So please also include the office.

How pathetic..
            Mr G Raff 020 7942 5000
            Natural History Museum
            Cromwell Road
            London
            SW7 5BD
            UK
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Evolution are awful with their thinly veiled tricks...I replied to a mail the other week asking if they're having trouble with no clients seeing as they're desperately fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
                Evolution are awful with their thinly veiled tricks...I replied to a mail the other week asking if they're having trouble with no clients seeing as they're desperately fishing
                More to the point - how do they fill their vacancies if they ever get hold of one? I make a point of never applying for a role advertised by Evolution or Hoaxley, as I never believe they have any!
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Damn right - They're taking the phish!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Same here...

Registered just to post this up, but got exactly the same email and mailed back asking what they were playing at..no reply and no surprise there. What was interesting was I called them up, as soon as I mentioned his name (Michael Davis) they transferred me to voicemail.

Guy who picked up the phone was pretty insistent on trying to harvest information on the callers...an agency I'll not use in the future!

Comment

Working...
                    X