• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Misheard Lryics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misheard Lryics

The song is playing in the background, you're not paying much heed to the content, what lyrics do you often mishear?

My starters for 10 are

"she's so popular" for Jeux sans frontiers - Games without frontiers - Peter Gabriel

"eating trifle" for Eton Rifles - Eton Rifles - The Jam

and Mr N's contribution:

"Sue Lawley" for so Lonely - So Lonely - The Police
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

"she's so funky yeah!" for Jeux sans frontiers - Games without frontiers - Peter Gabriel

Comment

"Are we human? Or are we hamsters?"

I know what the lyrics really are, but the tape in my head suddenly kicks in at a higher volume and over-writes what my ears hear. Just as it does with:

"Alice? Alice? Who the f*** is Alice?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Purple Haze

'excuse me while I kiss this guy'

Is actually

'excuse me while I kiss the sky'
        Me, me, me...

Comment

First line of "I don't like Mondays"

The silicon chip and cider head........
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            "she's so popular" for Jeux sans frontiers - Games without frontiers - Peter Gabriel
            Seriously it's not "she's so popular?".

'excuse me while I kiss this guy'
            I was going to say that one. And I was watching an episode of Firefly on DVD last night, and that's got the same thing in the title song: "you can't take this guy from me".
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I remember Hot Chocolate singing "I believe in Milko" many years ago...
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

"You're the Wizard of Oz" instead of "You're the one that I want" from Olivia Newton John & John Travolta.

My youngest son, whilst a 4-year-old, thought that Gabrielle and East 17 in "If you ever" were singing "You must be Shaun the Sheep" instead of "You must be sure that she".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  The song is playing in the background, you're not paying much heed to the content, what lyrics do you often mishear?

My starters for 10 are

"eating trifle" for Eton Rifles - Eton Rifles - The Jam

and Mr N's contribution:

"Sue Lawley" for so Lonely - So Lonely - The Police
                  "I've never seen you looking so gormless as you did tonight
                  "
                  Chris de Burgh
                  If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                    I remember Hot Chocolate singing "I believe in Milko" many years ago...
                    It always sounded like "I believe in knockers" to me....
                    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
                    X