• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

brrrrrr!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    0 on the car this morning, but, with a car port, I just drove away quite happily

All the best with the gig - hope things go your way.
    You really are living the high life Wilmslow.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      Just wangled a trip (paid for by clientCo) to sunny, sunny Sydney for November.

It's gonna be hot!
      Zeity beat me to it, but its a good point. Be careful out there K2P2, it can be dangerous. Make sure you take lots of fluids everywhere you go, in case you get stuck in the outback, and get your anti-venom shots before you go.
      I have this mate right (had actually. RIP Andy) and he was walking down the street in Sydney minding his own business when his arm brushed an ordinary hedge. There was a sixteen foot web on the other side containing a colony of hunstman spiders, that zoomed down sensing prey. He struggled hard but couldnt break free. When they got onto him, a passing bushman saved him from a grisly fate by beating them off with his diji-stick. He was so relieved that he went for a beer but wandered into a gay bar by mistake, he was beaten to death by hells angels when he left.

so be careful over there. its a dangerous wild country

no word of a lie, straight up

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Ice on the car this morning dark and cold in the sticks and then nice and clear and sunny in the city.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Frosty cars in Dorset too.

Bugger! I hate winter.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            Frosty cars in Dorset too.

Bugger! I hate winter.

I much prefer it to summer. Not a big fan of sun.
            at least in winter you can throw an extra layer on.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Zeity beat me to it, but its a good point. Be careful out there K2P2, it can be dangerous. Make sure you take lots of fluids everywhere you go, in case you get stuck in the outback, and get your anti-venom shots before you go.
              I have this mate right (had actually. RIP Andy) and he was walking down the street in Sydney minding his own business when his arm brushed an ordinary hedge. There was a sixteen foot web on the other side containing a colony of hunstman spiders, that zoomed down sensing prey. He struggled hard but couldnt break free. When they got onto him, a passing bushman saved him from a grisly fate by beating them off with his diji-stick. He was so relieved that he went for a beer but wandered into a gay bar by mistake, he was beaten to death by hells angels when he left.

so be careful over there. its a dangerous wild country

no word of a lie, straight up

That definitely sounds like it could happen EO. I personally didn't see any bushmen in Sydney city centre, but I would never doubt a story from you, obvs.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                That definitely sounds like it could happen EO. I personally didn't see any bushmen in Sydney city centre, but I would never doubt a story from you, obvs.
                They were hiding, they only have stealth bushmen in the city.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  They were hiding, they only have stealth bushmen in the city.
                  He was a tribal younger from the bumDingo tribe. The tribal elders live in the riverbed of the Todd river communing with boxes of Aussie white and they send the tribal youngers on walkabout into Sydney

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X