• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newspaper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kandr View Post
    I have a long commute every day and I have been trying various things to relieve the boredom, including using my phone to surf the web (but the signal keeps disappearing), reading a book etc. I think reading a decent newspaper is the key, but which one? I tried the Times, but its a bit to right wing.

Any suggestions?
    "The C Programming Language" by Kernighan & Ritchie.

Comment

So the right-wing, nazi racists, fascists, thick, bible thumpers corrupt, dumb as feck should watch the bbc and read the Guardian? Rather than watching Sky News and drinking the seed of Murdoch.
      Jawohl, mein little leibling. you get ze picture

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        I have read it, excellent book, excellent language. Better than the current crop of bloated tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          U is a grauniad reder then?
          imdeeb

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
            imdeeb
            very witty, 9 out of ten for that one

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Readers Wives?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So the right-wing, nazi racists, fascists, thick, bible thumpers corrupt, dumb as feck should watch the bbc and read the Guardian? Rather than watching Sky News and drinking the seed of Murdoch.
                Well, I certainly do. It gives me great ammunition against the sandle-wearing, bleeding-heart, wouldn't it be nice if everyone was nice, tree-hugging, hippy, wishy-washy liberals. Although I need help with the longer words, obviously.

I think I will give it a try, after reading the Times today and giving some racist thug a two page spread, it put me off.
                Did you read the article, and then the opinion piece by Jon Cruddas? Seems to me that the article is warning of a serious danger from the "racist thug". Who, while violently anti-islamic, does not appear to be racist in the sense of being anti-immigration, anti-semitic, send 'em all back to where they came from of the like of the usual BNP.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Well, I certainly do. It gives me great ammunition against the sandle-wearing, bleeding-heart, wouldn't it be nice if everyone was nice, tree-hugging, hippy, wishy-washy liberals. Although I need help with the longer words, obviously.

Did you read the article, and then the opinion piece by Jon Cruddas? Seems to me that the article is warning of a serious danger from the "racist thug". Who, while violently anti-islamic, does not appear to be racist in the sense of being anti-immigration, anti-semitic, send 'em all back to where they came from of the like of the usual BNP.
                  They guy belongs in Prison from what I read he had already been there and will probably end up there when he kills some poor innocent Muslim shopkeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Wrong!
                    You should read a rag that holds the opposite philosophy in order to exercise and stretch your noggin. If you read the guardian, it will only reinforce your already entrenched world view. If you are a left wing, tree hugging, lentil muncher, a beeding heart namby pamby wishy washy airy fairy hand wringing fckwit, you should read the daily mail. Its called balance, ying and yang.
                    Aargh! Not the Daily Heil!

I'm a left wing, tree hugging, lentil muncher, a beeding heart namby pamby wishy washy airy fairy hand wringing fckwit. Can I get away with reading the Telegraph? A damn fine bourgeois running dog Tory rag IMHO.
                    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      I have read it, excellent book, excellent language. Better than the current crop of bloated tulip.
                      I think I can quote from memory: all the examples have been tested directly from the text, which is in machine readable form.

Testing? Testing? What author does that now, surely just pontificating is enough?
                      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X