• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newspaper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newspaper

I have a long commute every day and I have been trying various things to relieve the boredom, including using my phone to surf the web (but the signal keeps disappearing), reading a book etc. I think reading a decent newspaper is the key, but which one? I tried the Times, but its a bit to right wing.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by kandr View Post
    I have a long commute every day and I have been trying various things to relieve the boredom, including using my phone to surf the web (but the signal keeps disappearing), reading a book etc. I think reading a decent newspaper is the key, but which one? I tried the Times, but its a bit to right wing.

Any suggestions?
    Perhaps you could try a different newspaper everyday for a week or so and then decide which one you like the best and stick with that. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Any suggestions?
      Lefties should stick to The Guardian.
      You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
        Lefties should stick to The Guardian.
        I think I will give it a try, after reading the Times today and giving some racist thug a two page spread, it put me off.

Comment

get a kindle
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            get a kindle
            I'm not a big book reader, I only read books to educate myself .

Comment

newspapers are propognada fueled nonesene

audio books are the answer mate

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                newspapers are propognada fueled nonesene
                U is a grauniad reder then?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I think I will give it a try, after reading the Times today and giving some racist thug a two page spread, it put me off.
                  Wrong!
                  You should read a rag that holds the opposite philosophy in order to exercise and stretch your noggin. If you read the guardian, it will only reinforce your already entrenched world view. If you are a left wing, tree hugging, lentil muncher, a beeding heart namby pamby wishy washy airy fairy hand wringing fckwit, you should read the daily mail. Its called balance, ying and yang.
                  For example, if you are incredibly clever and witty, you should come here and debate with SasGuru.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Wrong!
                    You should read a rag that holds the opposite philosophy in order to exercise and stretch your noggin. If you read the guardian, it will only reinforce your already entrenched world view. If you are a left wing, tree hugging, lentil muncher, a beeding heart namby pamby wishy washy airy fairy hand wringing fckwit, you should read the daily mail. Its called balance, ying and yang.
                    For example, if you are incredibly clever and witty, you should come here and debate with SasGuru.

So the right-wing, nazi racists, fascists, thick, bible thumpers corrupt, dumb as feck should watch the bbc and read the Guardian? Rather than watching Sky News and drinking the seed of Murdoch.

Comment

Working...
                    X